MyBB Central

Full Version: [Help Needed] Themes+Mods issue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently having a issue finding a theme that will work with the mods I have installed on my forum.
Is there some way of telling before installing whether or not a theme will work with said mods?
I will post all mods I am currently using and thinking of using below as a reference.

List of mods:
Rules Page Mod
Profile Comment Mod
Profile Buddys Mod
Index Top posters

Mods not yet added/am iffy on using:
Sidebar
Donation page
Last profile visitor mod
(Sep 24, 2010, 02:47 PM)djab1234 Wrote: [ -> ]I am currently having a issue finding a theme that will work with the mods I have installed on my forum.
Is there some way of telling before installing whether or not a theme will work with said mods?
I will post all mods I am currently using and thinking of using below as a reference.

List of mods:
Rules Page Mod
Profile Comment Mod
Profile Buddys Mod
Index Top posters

Mods not yet added/am iffy on using:
Sidebar
Donation page
Last profile visitor mod

You need to manually edit the plug-ins, the easiest way to do this is find the files dependent to the mod in relation to the theme. Use notepad CTRL + H to find [themename] then Replace [TEMEYOUUSE] and do this until there are no instances of the original theme.

Sometimes modifications of the theme itself are required.

Using a theme based on the standard themes will usually prevent having to do this.
Okay then, Well For the time being can you recommend a few themes that are based on the standard ones?

I do plan to edit the files in the near future but for now would like a theme other then the basic one.
Or can you tell me how I am able to tell if a theme is based on a standard one?