MyBB Central

Full Version: Regarding MyBB Central plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had a couple people ask me on other sites, and there are also questions regarding updating plugins posted on MyBb Central. From searching around, here's a couple answers that have already popped up concerning this.

1. Will the 1.4 plugins be updated for 1.6?
answer: Yes. Labrocca has stated in a couple posts that plugins will be updated, but will take time.

2. I need <insert plugin name here> but can't get it to work. What can I do?
answer: For now, the only thing you can do is edit the compatibility for the plugin yourself. Many of them will work with just that tiny edit. If that doesn't work, then you can try to take it one step furthur. Being a subscriber (which you must be in order to have the plugin in the first place), you are allowed to perform edits to the plugins for your own use. If you know enough about the coding to accomplish this, then you can update it yourself (again...for your own use only).
However You will be doing this at your own risk. Remember to backup all files before performing any edits.

3. Why is it taking so long to update the plugins?
answer: It's Labrocca's plugins and labrocca's site. He is a busy person and we have no alternative but to wait.
I'm sure they will be updated when he sees fit to do it.

Sorry to step on anyone's toes with this post, but it may help answer any questions others may have.
How do I change the compatibility again? I remember you have to change something from 1.4 to 1.6, but I can't remember where it was.

I don't think the thread is there anymore either...