MyBB Central

Full Version: TuT How to Backup and Import your Database!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone

Today i was navigating mybbcentral and i found loads of people having problems with backing up their site.

Q: I need to know how to backup my site.
Q: I need to know how to import my Old Database.

Well in this tutorial you will learn how to do both.

How to Backup my Database #1

First you need to backup your Database. You can backup your Database in 2 ways.

Go to your Admin Cp which it will be: http://www.yoursite.com/admin if you haven't changed the admin path.
And Click on the Tools & Maintenace

Then you need to click on New Backup Button

Then you will need to Click on Select All

[Image: icvMsM.bmp]

Now you need to click on Perform Backup Button

You are done, Now your New Database is Exported from your Site.
Now lets move to the Method #2.

How to Backup my Database #2

Go to your site Cpanel Which some of them are http://www.yoursite.com/cpanel then login with your account and go to the Section Called " Files " And press Backups.

[Image: icvs3a.bmp]

Now you will see your Database names like this:

[Image: icrcna.bmp]

And your Database will be Exported when you click on the name of the Database that you choosed to Backup.

Also if you want to download the Mybb Files that are installed on your website, so you wont lose all the plugins, images, theme and other files you can Click on " Home Directory":

[Image: icv0Z6.bmp]

You are done, Now your New Database is Exported from your Site.

Now im going to explain to you how to " Import " your Database to your site.

On your site cpanel go to the Section Called " Databases " and click on the " phpMyAdmin "

[Image: icr8kW.bmp]

Now it will direct you to phpMyAdmin section that you will export your Database into your site.

Click on the " Databases Tab " just like this:

[Image: icrAte.bmp]

And you will get the list of your database accounts, i have removed the name of my database. But i have replace " Your Database Name "

Now you need to click on the Database that you want to " Import " the Database on it.
Then you will get a big list of Colums of mybb if you have installed mybb before you are Importing the Database.

Scoll the page down and you will see this.

[Image: icvZfA.bmp]

Now you need to click " Check All " And next to it you will see a ComboBox " With selected: " Then you need to click on it and Choose " Drop " just like this:

[Image: ictK.bmp]

And a message will apear Saying if you are sure that you want to Drop and you need to click " OK ".

Then go to the top and click on the " Import Tab "

[Image: ieyYi.bmp]

Now you will get the a Box called " File to import "

[Image: ikQq.bmp]

When you got the Database you need to click on the button at the bottom " OK "

And you are done.
I hope this tutorial helps you lot that need help with it.

Best Regards
AppleDeveloper