MyBB Central

Full Version: Fighting spam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting more and more spam on my forum.

People using softwares to register and post messages with lots of links to their weird sites.

I was wondering if there was a plugin that would let me set a minimum requirement of posts before a registered user could use the "url" command?

This exists for the signature, my members need at least 50 posts before being able to have a visible signature but I haven't found anything for the urls embeded in the posts.

Do you know a plugin that would allow me to do this?

Or is there a programmer who could do this (I could pay)

Thanks,
hferradj

Make sure you use Email Verification, and make sure you have Captcha set up on registration.
Thank you for the recommendation, I already have both and I also use a proxy killer plugin.

But those spammers manage to get through. If it was impossible for a new member to post a message containing links it would stop all the spamming I have on my board. This feature would be very helpful.
Hmm...

Make sure that the group "Awating Activation" have no rights to post, create threads etc.
Thanks again.

I just checked and they don't have those rights.

I have seen the URL of my forum shared in lists of high PR forums, it doesn't help :-/

That sucks, atleast your getting some sort of traffic, my forum http:cybertechforums.com has only 3 active members but over 3000 Posts xD
Wow! they are super active members lol Smile
I know, its a shame really. I think I could have a good forum going if some people stayed on Tongue
I did this thanks Smile