MyBB Central

Full Version: Profile Options - 2 questions!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1) I'm looking for a plug in that allows members to change things in their profile like the background image, table colors/images, font color, and so forth. Is there something out there that exists for MyBB that does this?

2) I also desperately need a way to allow members to have a blank space where they can either put HTML or forum BBC code to make a sort of customized mini-site within their profile. Things like quiz results, awards, and more would go there (instead of taking up room in the sig). If any of you have ever used 'forumotion', you know what I'm talking about. This customizable area could be within a tab, or just in a text box area/table below the basic info on their profile page. -- figured this one out...I just had to upgrade the MyBB to a slightly newer version(1.6 I believe?) It allows for BBC code to show in the 'bio' section.

3) Finally, I would like to be able to create a custom profile field, where members could pick from a variety of pictures. The one they pick in their user CP would be the one that shows on their profile page. Is there a way to do this????

If anyone have suggestions, please let me know! Thanks.

My forum is here if anyone needs it for reference:
sweetcharm.net/forums/portal.php

♥ THANK YOU ♥
Bump!

Also I updated the OP slightly, because I found a solution to question #2.
The only plugin I can find compatible with MyBB v1.6 that allows the user to edit their profile is this one.
http://mods.mybb.com/view/profile-design

Im not sure how well it works, but I hope it helps you out a bit Smile

It doesnt work from the download i provided, but all you have to do is edit the following.

Open template "member_profile" and if you see the code below twice, remove one version.

PHP Code:
{$profiledesigneditor}
<
div id="profile-container"

Add after "{$headerinclude}"

Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/css/colorpicker.css" type="text/css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/colorpicker.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/eye.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/utils.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/profiledesign.js"></script>
{$profiledesigncss}

Fix from: http://www.frinklabs.xe.cx/forums/showth...157#pid157