MyBB Central

Full Version: HTML Permissions plugin causes extra code to show in Youtube videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone else seen this? Know how to correct it? This happens whether HTML posts are enabled in the forum settings or not.

Here's my code:
Code:
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KhSMKfU8HE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Here's what I see:
[attachment=1986]

When I post with a user that has been granted HTML permissions, it behaves this way. If I take those permissions away, this ugly code shows up around my video:
Code:
<!-- start: video_youtube_embed -->
MY_YOUTUBE_VIDEO_HERE
<!-- end: video_youtube_embed -->

Hope this can be cleaned up... Thanks!
Labrocca, are you able to fix this? Thanks!
Sorry I don't see an easy solution on this without a complete rewrite of that function. How many forums do you have html perms enabled? Have you tried to remove the video perms for that forum?
(Aug 06, 2011, 08:10 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry I don't see an easy solution on this without a complete rewrite of that function. How many forums do you have html perms enabled? Have you tried to remove the video perms for that forum?

I do not enable HTML posting (Edit Forum Settings > "Yes, allow HTML in posts") anywhere. With this on, everyone can post HTML, from what I have seen, and I only want certain users to be able to do this. I use your plugin to allow certain UIDs to post HTML, despite the forum being set to not allow HTML in posts, and it works.

It would be much easier to use the "Usergroup with HTML permissions" option instead, but I have tried this, and users that were in my HTML group were still not able to post HTML with that method (just tried again, to confirm)... So granting the permission by UID was my only choice, using your plugin, unless I am missing something.

Anyway, I have not tried to disable video, because I want that to be available in all forums. Could you please expand on what you're suggesting? Since I have HTML posting off across the board, as I thought should be the case when using your plugin, I'm not sure what you were getting at.

I know this plugin is advertised as working w/ 1.4x -- is it possible that this plugin does not work fully w/ 1.6x (I am on 1.6.3)? Is that also, maybe, why it doesn't seem to work when I set it to work w/ GIDs? Thanks.
Can you re-upload the image?
Labrocca, can you please let me know about my questions above? Thanks! I would guess that anyone using this plugin (maybe they need to be on 1.6.x) would get the same behavior, so is there no way to fix the plugin? Are you still involved w/ plugin maintenance and creation these days?

(Aug 07, 2011, 11:43 PM)Andre Wrote: [ -> ]Can you re-upload the image?

Sorry, who are you asking, and which image are you referring to? I did not upload any images.
I'll see what I can do.
(Aug 20, 2011, 02:08 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I'll see what I can do.

Thank you!