MyBB Central

Full Version: MyBB Version Messing up my themes and mods!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I recently started a new community, and I went to mybb.com and downloaded their latest version which happened to be 1.6.3 but since I got that, none of the amazing plugins here work, and all the cool templates are incompatible. I was wondering what you guys think I should do, and is it possible to downgrade? I heard there was a security error with 1.4 and stuff so that's why :S

Thanks ahead of time
If you have gone from 1.4 to 1.6 then you will have issues, but the themes should be fine, make sure you check ignore theme compability when adding the theme.
Also 1.4 is now not being worked on as 1.6 has taken over.

The plugins here can be changed compability, just by opening up the plugin file in notepad++ then changing the compability from "14*" to "1*". If you use the search function you will beable to find a more detailed tutorial.
(May 02, 2011, 10:03 AM)CyberTechForums Wrote: [ -> ]If you have gone from 1.4 to 1.6 then you will have issues, but the themes should be fine, make sure you check ignore theme compability when adding the theme.
Also 1.4 is now not being worked on as 1.6 has taken over.

The plugins here can be changed compability, just by opening up the plugin file in notepad++ then changing the compability from "14*" to "1*". If you use the search function you will beable to find a more detailed tutorial.

Doing that however can damage your forum and the creator may or may not support version 1.6 therefore if you break your forum then you wont get any support.
Please check the link in my signiture for all plugins that work with 1.6 from mybbcentral.

Unless your using a plugin that messes about with SQL you should be fine, and it shouldnt damage your forum anyway. The worst that ive had to do is manually delete some tables which took me 5 minutes. Most problems are the caused by users not reading help topics, or installation instructions.

And as most of us know at MyBBCentral, you wont be getting much support from the creator unless one of his members cant answer the problem, which is very rare.