MyBB Central

Full Version: [Tutorial] Restorable Threads - Custom Moderation Tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Restorable Threads using Custom Moderation Tools

-

Info
This tutorial will be showing how to create a custom moderation tool which puts a thread into a hidden directory so that admins can refer back to it at a later date. Its basically a method of deleting a thread, without actually deleting it.
On my forum I enchourage all moderators to use the tool so that if a thread is wrongly deleted, it can be restored.
Ok so here we go

-

Note
For this tutorial you will need to have a section for which these "Deleted" threads are to be kept.
Ensure that you make sure the permissions only allow Staff to view it.
This tutorial will not be covering how to create such section

-

Steps
  1. In you AdminCP you want to go to the configuration tab.
  2. In the config tab, you then want to open the Moderation Tools menu from the menu down the left hand side.
  3. In this new page, it should be empty if no tools have been previously used.
  4. Then in the sub tabs, click "Add New Thread Tool"
  5. The new page should be a list of empty settings for you choose for your new tool.
  6. Here are the settings I used (Click to View)
  7. In short, these settings move the thread to the Unapproved Threads forum, Rename the Subject with a [DELETED] Prefix, Unapproves the thread with no redirect.
  8. After saving the tool when you now use your inline moderation you will see a new catergory, "Custom Tools" and underneath should be your new tool.
  9. Inline Moderation (Click to View)
  10. Now when you apply that tool to the thread it will move it to your hidden forum.

-

Done
Thats it Big Grin

Credits to F4T4L 3RR0R
This must be stickied..come in handy. Thanks for the tutorial.
Great tutorial. Smile
I need to add a few more screenshots, but I'm glad you like it.
I commonly use this as an "Archive" tool/forum.
Thanks for crediting me, Bleepy!