MyBB Central

Full Version: MyAwards, Username History and Tabbed Menu won't work (v1.6.4)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear friends,

I am starting a new forum, I just can't get these plugins to work. I've changed the compatibility, did the CHmod thing and still no luck.

When I use Tabbed Menu, it looks like it works, but when I switch tab, there are no forums in there. However, I've changed to MyTabs, and that one works, but I have the feeling it works slower.

Now an even worse problem, I can't even activate MyAwards:
[Image: MyAwards%20Error.png]
Quote:
Code:
MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 10
Query:
    CREATE TABLE mybb_hwmyawards ( awid smallint(4) NOT NULL auto_increment, awname varchar(64) NOT NULL, awimg varchar(64) NOT NULL, awtype smallint(1) NOT NULL, awdescr varchar(255) NOT NULL, awpollid int(8) NOT NULL, awexptime bigint(30), PRIMARY KEY (awid) ) TYPE=MyISAM;

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

And another problem is with Username History:
[Image: Username%20History%20Error.png]
Quote:
Code:
MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 8
Query:
    CREATE TABLE mybb_hwusername_history ( id int(5) NOT NULL auto_increment, uid int(6) NOT NULL, username varchar(120) NOT NULL, date bigint(30), PRIMARY KEY (id), INDEX (uid) ) TYPE=MyISAM;

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.
With the tabbed menu problems, follow the troubleshooting steps here:
http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-6945.html

As for the others, looks like your MySQL is running of a differnet version, but im sure Labrocca will beable to help you out on this.
(Aug 09, 2011, 06:12 AM)BleepyEvans Wrote: [ -> ]With the tabbed menu problems, follow the troubleshooting steps here:
http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-6945.html

As for the others, looks like your MySQL is running of a differnet version, but im sure Labrocca will beable to help you out on this.

Thank you for this (+1)! I've fixed Tabbed Menu, it is a lot faster than the stupid MyTabs.

Now, I don't understand how MySQL can run a different version, however, I'll wait for LaBrocca.
In functions.php, Replace TYPE=MyISAM; with ENGINE=MyISAM;
In class_debug.php replace TYPE=MyISAM; with ENGINE=MyISAM;

(Aug 09, 2011, 10:33 AM)peter chao Wrote: [ -> ]In functions.php, Replace TYPE=MyISAM; with ENGINE=MyISAM;
In class_debug.php replace TYPE=MyISAM; with ENGINE=MyISAM;

I don't have the class_debug.php file and I don't have anything with MyISAM in functions.php
(Aug 09, 2011, 12:47 PM)EnergySource Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have the class_debug.php file and I don't have anything with MyISAM in functions.php
True, got mixed with merge system. Anyways MySQL removed the TYPE option in 5.5 and up, that's why you're getting the error. I believe this was fixed in 1.6.2.. Here's the revision http://dev.mybboard.net/projects/mybb/re...sions/5299
Change TYPE=MyISAM; with ENGINE=MyISAM; where the error is coming from (Plugin or whatever).
Yes this is an issue with MySQL compatibility engine vs type. Very easy fix but most are not on MySQL 5.5 yet. I have to update the help/troubleshooting sections.
EDIT: Sorry for my wrong post, I didn't read the fix. Trying it right now!
Like I said, open up the plugins that are having the issue, and replace TYPE=MyISAM; with ENGINE=MyISAM; So for example, in the awards plugin, it occurs twice, change it, and it should fix it.
@peter chao
Thank you very much my friend. You deserve the +rep very well! It fixed all of my problems for today.

@labrocca
Thanks for your concern and success with updating the sections.