MyBB Central

Full Version: Thoughts on creating fake accounts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are your thoughts on creating fake accounts to help increase activity and post count on your forum?

I personally thought it was a bad idea but I was surprised at how much people rank your forum depending on the activity on it, I wish I had done it when my forum started off although saying that it probably could do with it now xD
I tried it on one of my vB forums, didn't increase activity at all, but I have heard success stories.
Yer, you there's also people offering to post in your forum in return for $
That seems like a waste to me though
If you can do it with quality and precision the content will help your site.
(Feb 14, 2012, 03:05 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]If you can do it with quality and precision the content will help your site.

Yeah I agree. Sometimes It can help a forum when It's starting out.
Like Labrocca said if you can make quality posts from that 'fake account' then i believe it could help out your site in a way, however if you just create a bunch of accounts and spamm your own site with content such as "awesome forum..i like" or "nice tutorials etc..." then lets be real you're only fooling yourself.
I think lots of forums will have tried it at some point could work like the guys said
I don't like the idea.
Try to promote and build original content. Once your trick exposed people will quit using ur forum.