MyBB Central

Full Version: New plugins any time soon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I mean no offence, but it seems plugin creation has pretty much been abandoned. And with new MyBB releases it seems older plugins are becoming less compatible all the time, and it's also generally advised to avoid running 1.4 plugins when possible. I became a subscriber quite a long time ago here but I'm also a subscriber to other plugin sites. I'm just wondering what happened here. I see less than ten (or a similar number) premium plugins for 1.6 and 1.6 has been around for ages. There are hundreds of requests, though.

It's just a bit of a shame, really. Since upgrading to 1.6 I've felt reluctant to install 1.4 plugins. Which means there really isn't much here for me, or anybody else with similar feelings.

Just my musings.
Labrocca and xerotic are working on others projects, but they updates as soon as possible some plugins, normally they will be an MyAwards update, and the Open/Close thread plugin also, maybe i missed some thing.
They may be busy just wait Smile
They're busy, btw I subscribed here today Tongue
Quote:I mean no offence, but it seems plugin creation has pretty much been abandoned.

Actually the past 2 months have been very active here with updates to old plugins and when that's completed I have a handful of new releases coming. I'm working with Xerotic regularly to get more done. He's been very helpful.

Quote:And with new MyBB releases it seems older plugins are becoming less compatible all the time, and it's also generally advised to avoid running 1.4 plugins when possible.

Unsure who told you this but there are no security problems with our releases and almost all have no problems running on 1.6x. The ones that do are because of the changes in 1.6.5 which broke many plugins. I'd say 90% of our 1.4x plugins are compatible with simple compatibility line change. In any case the 1.4x plugins are being updated to be 1.6.5+ compatible.

New features and optimizations in plugins like My Awards are excellent. My Awards was already the best awards plugin but now we've made it even better. Will be released any day now. Maybe even tonight if I can catch Xerotic on IM. We worked earlier on it today but I had to run out before we completed our task.

Quote:I'm just wondering what happened here.

Not a big secret that I'm a very busy guy. It's that simple.

Quote:It's just a bit of a shame, really. Since upgrading to 1.6 I've felt reluctant to install 1.4 plugins. Which means there really isn't much here for me, or anybody else with similar feelings.

Don't be reluctant. Most of them work by chaning 14* to 16* in the plugin file. At least for 1.6.4 or earlier. If you're on 1.6.5 then just wait for official 1.6x releases.

Our most popular plugins are pretty much done.

I can't wait more...I am desperate about it..Aware me soon as you have aware about it..Big Grin
I am waiting for new plugins.
Would like to know too.
Even i have made the same kind of post.this is weird seriously.

Whole mybbcentral got deserted.