MyBB Central

Full Version: New Paypal Problem while i try to buy upgrade!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

So I have 6.10 dollars in my paypal then I have 19.90 in my prepaid card thats linked to my paypal when I go to the upgrade page and try to login and pay I get

We were unable to verify your credit or debit card. To proceed with your purchase, please select a different payment method or add a different credit or debit card, then click Continue.

My card was working fine when I tried it on another site it was taking 3.95 from my card and 6.10 dollars from my paypal what is the problem? can someone please fix the payment system!

Thanks
For subscription payments you're required by PP to have a CC attached.
I do have CC attached but I also have money in my paypal its taking 4 dollars from my CC and 6 dollars from my account balance!
(Mar 04, 2012, 01:26 PM)teckins Wrote: [ -> ]I do have CC attached but I also have money in my paypal its taking 4 dollars from my CC and 6 dollars from my account balance!

That's very strange :S
(Mar 04, 2012, 01:23 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]For subscription payments you're required by PP to have a CC attached.

Aaah, that was the answer I was looking for in the other thread Wink

Thanks.

but what abt me Sad!
(Mar 06, 2012, 01:51 PM)teckins Wrote: [ -> ]but what about me Sad!

Hey Teckins,
When PayPal asks you about the prefered paying method,
you need to choose creditcard even though you still might have enough credit or cash in your account.

The payment is declared as a subscription
and PayPal doesn't allow any other way to pay for it.

After you're done with the payment,
you can switch back to whatever your preferred payment method was before.

(Mar 06, 2012, 05:08 PM)darganfyddwr Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 06, 2012, 01:51 PM)teckins Wrote: [ -> ]but what about me Sad!

Hey Teckins,
When PayPal asks you about the prefered paying method,
you need to choose creditcard even though you still might have enough credit or cash in your account.

The payment is declared as a subscription
and PayPal doesn't allow any other way to pay for it.

After you're done with the payment,
you can switch back to whatever your preferred payment method was before.

That is correct. You have the option but you have to read the page because PP has default settings that you might not want to use. They don't take from balance unless you specify.

um can I get a private email I dont want to use my cc ill send from my paypal balance!
(Mar 08, 2012, 06:33 PM)teckins Wrote: [ -> ]um can I get a private email I dont want to use my cc ill send from my paypal balance!
Hey again Smile
I'm afraid, that doesn't work. I also tried that.

The Payment is declared as "Subscription Fee"
This is just another paymentcategorie like "Ebay", "Service", "Private", "Donation" and such.
Now, with subscription it is PayPal who demands a CC to be attached to the account.
Won't work with balance nor bankaccount,
even if you had millions of Dollars or Euro or whatever in your balance. Wink

I suppose that Labrocca chose that kind of categorie
because it probably works best with the scripts and the API,
but that's just my thoughts.

I also hesitated to use CC (for security reasons that are not related to mybbcentral)
but I think the plugins are very much worth it.
Why don't you
  • attach the CC to your PP account
  • pay the subscription
  • detach the CC from your PP account
  • and be happy everafter with some great add-ons Big Grin

Pages: 1 2