MyBB Central

Full Version: new openID Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Salve,

the current one only allows for openID as single source of authentication. This very well for new boards.

We http://news.piratenpartei.de/ have a few thousands are in the process to switch to an openID based solution. Before we start coding the myBB plugin as well, I'd ask if there is a general interest for such a thing.

Features:

* local users still supported
* mapping of parameters from the openID to the user account (Parameter to membership in groups of same name)
* migration script (local users click on a link, get their account converted to an openID based authentication)

Cheers

Pluto
I'd be very interested in this, especially if twitter and facebook were included [I know they aren't OpenID Smile] as I find current solutions for twitter and facebook to be a bit lacklustre. These things would be better to either be after the TOS page (ie. click register>accept TOS>Provider or fill in form?) or to be collated in a button next to register (say "social login" that opens a modal box allowing you to choose the correct service - but with a tickbox to say TOS read. Smile

Anyway, just my thoughts
Aventura