REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of suggestions.
Yeah last person a few probably wanna see or hear from but anyways here goes.

1. Have a demo site to show off all your work here? One with all your plugins in operation. I suspect a good number of people dont know exactly what some plugins/mods do without seing them first hand especially those new to the forum scene. I'll admit i knew very little about MYPS and probably still dont. If one is around forgive me and ignore this.

2. More advertising. Never knew about a number of plugins till visiting here.

On to the matter of paying for plugins. MYPS is one of those that i would strongly consider a plugin very much worth paying for. Remember i know just a little about this plugin as well. Truth be told i may actually be purchasing a subscription just for this one for my site that i will probably be moving from IPB to MYBB after IPS releases 3.0. Yes i wanna atleast see it first before i dump them.Tongue Have to ofcourse find out for sure if MYPS can do what i am hoping it can. I'll PM Lex or Labrocca about it. Anyways i have never been totally against paid for plugins. I run a paid site as well. Difference is it is weather data. And yeah we got crap for it as well. My site offers both free and paid stuff not found anywhere else. But anyways some Plugins defintely deserve the price tag while others ..meh. I would use the free ones as advertising ( with posting requirements ofcourse ) so people get to see the bigger better ones. But thats me.
The KEY thing you guys have going is the excellent support you all give here and over at the MYBB site. I have been given great help by LeX in the past. Why not offer paid support services? Or is that a problem for MYBB? Someone needs to pick up the ball on that.

Anyways site looks good. One of the better MYBB sites i have seen.

Have a good one all,

Harry
For a good demo of most of the plugins, including MYPS:

http://beta.thingiej.be/index.php <- That's LeX's board.
Most of my plugin threads or downloads have either screenshots or demo links.

Half the problem Harry is that mybb has poor attachment permission controls for attachments. When I built this subscription module I just wanted to run it at this site and have not really altered much even though I do intend to one day. I need to take the time to sort out what I want for free and what I believe subscribers should be allowed. I did seperate some stuff and made it freely available at Webmasterforums.biz.

Sadly I am just an incredibly busy guy nowadays and well behind in some areas of my work including updating some stuff to 1.4x. September should be a much better month for me.

Anyways that's probably a much bigger response than you wanted.
labrocca Wrote:Most of my plugin threads or downloads have either screenshots or demo links.

Half the problem Harry is that mybb has poor attachment permission controls for attachments. When I built this subscription module I just wanted to run it at this site and have not really altered much even though I do intend to one day. I need to take the time to sort out what I want for free and what I believe subscribers should be allowed. I did seperate some stuff and made it freely available at Webmasterforums.biz.

Sadly I am just an incredibly busy guy nowadays and well behind in some areas of my work including updating some stuff to 1.4x. September should be a much better month for me.

Anyways that's probably a much bigger response than you wanted.

Thanks. Yeah i know how hard it can be deciding which goes to paid and which free. We try to keep a good solid mix of both. Thus usually if we do something for the paid area we will then throw something up for the free side. Doesnt help there is another site who is all free that is hell bent on steering traffic away from us. For now though we are way ahead of them on that as well. Big Grin Plus ours is of better quality. Everything they have we have for free and then some topped off ofcourse with the added pay stuff. Not to mention the data arrives to us alot quicker then them which is huge in this market i am in.

Would be nice to see better permissions for attachments.

Again thanks. Smile
Whatever 1.4 doesn't have I will probably make plugins for.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestions Reopened labrocca 9 4,358 Jul 01, 2009, 11:10 AM
Last Post: that_guy
  Requests and Suggestions Joshua Mayer 3 2,471 Apr 04, 2009, 10:48 AM
Last Post: EviLito