REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you ever change forum software?
Yes. I would. If Woltlab got a better english community, and didn't look as stupid as 3 does, i would in a heartbeat.
I would go IPB over VB as well.
I don't get it, most of you would leave the forum you are currently using for another forum but don't. I think most of you make quite a good amount of revenue from your sites but still you guys don't "upgrade".
The question is "would we ever" and some are diehard fans. Even me as a big fan of MyBB am realistic enough that given the right circumstances would switch to another software.
(Nov 03, 2009, 06:51 PM)kdog2fast Wrote: I don't get it, most of you would leave the forum you are currently using for another forum but don't. I think most of you make quite a good amount of revenue from your sites but still you guys don't "upgrade".

It's not about how much money you make from a website, it's really about whether or not you need it. For some people, MyBB and it's plugins fill their needs perfectly; others will purchase a system such as vBulletin or IPB if MyBB is simply lacking to many of those desired features (basically faster, easier and potentially cheaper than getting custom mods/plugins), for example.
Hi kdog2fast.
I have never tried to change forum software ever. I want to ask you that How the phpbb and mybb differs from each other? I want some explanation on this so that I can Improve my knowledge.
Thanks.
I've changed from vBulletin to MyBB.
To be honest I was hosting and using the vBulletin files on an offshore web host, using a nulled copy.

I later recognized how many security holes there were, and quickly used the database converter to MyBB.
I always loved how MyBB works, and with premium plugins on this site - I'm set.

Also, I just can't afford the prices of a piece of forum software - $195? No way.
I will change... If MyBB dies Smile

But seriously, vB is a real Big Board prepared forum system and if you want to get the things more easy, you can pay for it, or use MyBB and make some SEO and programming.
-Rafael
vBulletin Developer
My Forum
My Blog
I, myself doesn't even try to change my forum software but I have created another one and upgraded the past software.

(Nov 02, 2009, 01:52 PM)labrocca Wrote: I would go IPB over VB as well.

Why? vB is Better than IPB IMHO.
-Rafael
vBulletin Developer
My Forum
My Blog

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to change mybb theme? Outcast 9 9,410 Oct 26, 2017, 05:00 AM
Last Post: Desy83
Toungue Best Forum software MyBB why? arunkumar 3 1,551 Sep 07, 2013, 05:58 AM
Last Post: MyBB Freak
  free cell phone spy tracking software Biweepics 2 1,099 Jul 19, 2012, 04:48 PM
Last Post: NaltQueelty
  My First Share: FaceDominator- Best Facebook Marketing Software !! SonalazlhbTylor 0 864 Feb 05, 2012, 11:16 AM
Last Post: SonalazlhbTylor
  Can someone change my username please? HackerJnr 5 1,934 May 31, 2011, 07:36 PM
Last Post: hasse98