REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Username styles?
Hello, can somebody give me code for cool username styles? Thanks Smile
Red Text Colour & Red Glow
Code:
<span style="color: red; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px rgb(255, 0, 0);">{username}</span>
  • The color: red is the font color. So you could change this to color: green or color: #ff9000
  • The text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px is the position of your "glow". Mine is set to no distance, no spread, 5px in size. This makes it look like a glow, and not like a drop shadow.
  • rgb(255, 0, 0) is the color of the glow, I have it set to red. Photoshops color editor will help you make sure you get the correct color codes for this.
Theres also a nice sparkle effect that SouR'd uses on his site ill add later
If you can post that sparkle effect I'd be thankful Smile
Yer sure, ill post it up in a bit when I get home Smile
Code:
<span style="background: url("http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx164/optiikzz/rc599e.gif") no-repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent; color: red; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px rgb(255, 0, 0);">{username}</span>

There you go.
You can thank SouR'D for that Smile ( i stolez it from his forum Smile )

Basically theres a animated gif in that URL that iw shite particles moving round. In that code you can see the "transparent" bit, basically saying to use transarency from the gid in the background so it doesnt show up black or something on your forum.

This sparkly effect is difinatly best on a dark forum like SouR'D's, on a white or light forum, it looks like grey speks moving over your name and it isnt very good Sad
Don't know why, but that code does not work for me Sad
Sorry you dont need the quotes. Copy this code

Code:
<span style="background: url(http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx164/optiikzz/rc599e.gif) no-repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent; color: red; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px rgb(255, 0, 0);">{username}</span>
The first step is to obtain the sparkle gif file you want to use & upload it to your root somewhere as leeching from another account is just rude to me personally.

Then in the admin cp edit the user group you wish to add this to with this code:

Code:
<span style="background: url(/images/filename.gif)" /><span style="color: #7FFFD4;"><strong>{username}</strong></span>

/images/filename.gif ......leave the brackets but replace with your file path

#7FFFD4 ........ replace with css code of color you want name to be

I attached a couple of gif's you can use & that should fix ya up Wink

Attached Files
.gif   sparkle4.gif (Size: 22.66 KB / Downloads: 171)
.gif   sparkle9.gif (Size: 1.78 KB / Downloads: 169)
The code you provided may not work.

I would have both span styles in one span tag so.
Code:
<span style="background: url(/images/filename.gif); "color: #7FFFD4;"><strong>{username}</strong></span>
Have it working on 2 of my forums so does work, but will try yours to see if flows better. I am no coder just a guy that finds ways to make stuff work

edit: Thanks but using your code the css did not work for group name color, but sparkle effect does. The code I posted does work fine on both 1.6.0 & 1.6.1 as both are in use.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Username History Plugin Help Please... Red™ 3 2,571 Oct 22, 2014, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Nasyr
  Username Style ExaByte 4 1,843 May 05, 2012, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Oliver Evans
Question Multicoloured Username Script uzi 20 5,783 Jan 24, 2012, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Oliver Evans
  change username Viral 3 2,043 Dec 15, 2011, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Viral
  'Username Changes' Plugin S.T.A.R.S 1 1,323 Dec 03, 2011, 06:06 PM
Last Post: F4T4L 3RR0R