REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Plugin Ideas - Some Good Ones
1 - MyBB plugin for warning when messaging Admins to make sure that the user agree's it's an important message.

2 - Click and hold to edit peoples information in posts; sig, post.

3 - Mybb plugin for guests to view only first ?{# of threads} most recent threads in forum areas. Only access to some of the more recent threads in each forum that way until registration.

4 - MyBB Plugin as a reputation system for particular forums - determines how accurate and helpful the user is in a specific forum

Personally I think 4 is my best idea out of this, then 1, then 3 then 2.
1: There's a plugin for that already, somewhere. It doesn't need to be reproduced.
2: Can be done with the EDIT button and going to their profile, respectively. Doesn't need to be done, imo.
3: Don't see the point. There's already MAPOVIFOG; this sounds like an edit to that.
4: I don't see how this would work. There are like/dislike plugins already, that could be used.
Quote:Can be done with the EDIT button and going to their profile, respectively. Doesn't need to be done, imo.

Yes, perhaps 3 or more clicks is much better than the convenient method in which enables you to edit a signature directly within a thread view without going through the AdminCP or ModCP...

Quote:I don't see how this would work. There are like/dislike plugins already, that could be used.

Maybe, but you're not getting the point, and here you're just trying to disagree with all my ideas from a closed minded perspective. If nobody creates duplicates, then how do you expect to have better plugins of the same thing perhaps being created? Perhaps people don't know that a plugin similar exists, but that's still irrelevant.
Quote:Yes, perhaps 3 or more clicks is much better than the convenient method in which enables you to edit a signature directly within a thread view without going through the AdminCP or ModCP.

No need to get snippy, skippy. If you wanted, you could add another button like the warn button that says "EDIT USER" and leads to modcp.php?action=editprofile&uid={$uid}. That should be fairly easy as well, huh?

Quote:
Quote:I don't see how this would work. There are like/dislike plugins already, that could be used.

Maybe, but you're not getting the point, and here you're just trying to disagree with all my ideas from a closed minded perspective. If nobody creates duplicates, then how do you expect to have better plugins of the same thing perhaps being created? Perhaps people don't know that a plugin similar exists, but that's still irrelevant.

I'm getting the point just fine, to be quite honest. Also, since my last post, I found something I think is kind of like what you're looking for. Xekko's Post Reputation sounds like what you're looking for, and is a pretty darn well-done plugin, I think.
(May 12, 2012, 08:21 AM)Odin Wrote: I'm getting the point just fine, to be quite honest. Also, since my last post, I found something I think is kind of like what you're looking for. Xekko's Post Reputation sounds like what you're looking for, and is a pretty darn well-done plugin, I think.

No, this is not what i'm looking for, although I wasn't looking for anything, I was simply suggesting these plugins. This is just a custom post reputation, i'm talking about a different reputation number each member has for each section of the forum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sorting Hat Plugin Tini93 0 834 Apr 23, 2017, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Tini93
  Betting Plugin L34XXOR 0 1,801 Jan 28, 2015, 01:11 AM
Last Post: L34XXOR
  MyBB User Profile Post activity (No Plugin) Snow. 0 2,408 Nov 26, 2013, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Snow.
  Need Plugin last 24 hours online visitors gudo 2 2,897 Nov 17, 2013, 01:47 PM
Last Post: BlueShiftXD
  Need reporting plugin craig1985 0 1,207 Jan 16, 2013, 02:39 PM
Last Post: craig1985