REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Request] Link to change theme directly
I have seen this previously requested by many other users on this forum and I think it would allow boards with multiple themes to easily allow their users to change themes.

I have recently installed a collection of Evo2 themes all of which are the same slick dark layout with different colour schemes at the header and hyperlink colours.

I would find it very cool to have a quick theme changer but I feel including just some squares with the colour of alternative colour schemes nicer to embed into the actual theme's header with maybe some javascript previews.
The only way I can see this working is these images where to hyperlink to a page which changes the theme for the logged in user.

Example:
http://www.example.com/forum/changetheme...n=redtheme

When clicked the script updates the users preference and sends them to a confirmation page before being returned to the forums automatically.

This would be a nice plugin and would be helpful for many, but if this is to hard work or if it's faster could someone please tell me a way to have a hyperlink that changes the user's theme.

Unfortunately, I cannot pay for such plugin however I am sure me and the community would be very grateful for it.

Just to confirm I am not looking for a plugin to include a theme changer into the theme. I am looking for a plugin which makes a php file change the theme. I will include the images and hyperlinking myself.

Messages In This Thread
[Request] Link to change theme directly - by blazendevil2 - Sep 02, 2010, 04:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change username color. DAMINK 7 6,283 Nov 28, 2016, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Big Moist
  Auto Adf.ly Link Changer BlueShiftXD 1 2,896 Jun 02, 2016, 12:32 PM
Last Post: technoman
  Update Request imanish 2 1,877 Jan 30, 2013, 05:59 PM
Last Post: imanish
  Plugins Request [Read] Buddy 0 957 Aug 10, 2012, 04:18 AM
Last Post: Buddy
  Plugin request Avicii 4 1,791 Jul 31, 2012, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Avicii