REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linking site and forum membership/usergroups
Let's say I make a website that includes a forum. How can I make it so that membership on the website and membership on the forum are one and the same? Can this be done running MyBB? I know how to use MyBB, and I know how to make it a secondary page on a website, but not how to have a membership with the forum as well as the site.

One of the reasons I wish to make this so is because I'd like to have certain pages of the actual site blocked, and only allow members of the site with the permissions needed to view said pages. Basically, I want the membership and usergroups to apply to the site's permissions as well as the forums. But making two different memberships would be annoying. Any ideas, or perhaps other forum systems that work as well as MyBB but allow for this to work?

I want the forum to be an extension of the site; not a separate entity with a separate registration process.
Hmm can you please explain more about your question?

Is this what you're asking: site.com/home site.com/forum site.com/premium?
Let's say I have site.com, and site.com/forum would be the MyBB forum. How can I link the membership and usergroups to the main site? Or can this be done?

uCoz, for instance, allows people to make a site with registered members and have a forums page (theirs), and I can restrict not only forums people can see based on their usergroup, but also actual site pages as well.
(Apr 18, 2014, 06:29 PM)Shadow Wrote: Let's say I have site.com, and site.com/forum would be the MyBB forum. How can I link the membership and usergroups to the main site? Or can this be done?

uCoz, for instance, allows people to make a site with registered members and have a forums page (theirs), and I can restrict not only forums people can see based on their usergroup, but also actual site pages as well.

Is this what your looking for?
http://mods.mybb.com/view/page-manager
No, I don't think so Sad I guess I'll have to figure out a way around this. That is, until MyBB just says fuck it and becomes a website design builder as well as a forum haha.
Haha well I wish you luck man. I'm not understanding fairly well what your asking. You can probably do what you need with page manager.
I think maybe he means bridging one board to another so members have access to both boards. And only sign in once..
(Apr 20, 2014, 11:05 AM)Rebel Wrote: I think maybe he means bridging one board to another so members have access to both boards. And only sign in once..

Yes, this is basically it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyBB Mobile Forum – How to make your forum work best on portable Devices WallBB 0 1,283 Sep 21, 2013, 02:49 AM
Last Post: WallBB
  need theme for my site jigar 3 1,759 Sep 10, 2013, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Oliver Evans
  Can not access my site/admin login. Biostasis 0 1,051 May 19, 2012, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Biostasis
  Gray Box Around Additional Usergroups Bad Meets Evil 2 1,318 May 19, 2012, 02:59 AM
Last Post: Bad Meets Evil
  MyBB Site Help danielfr789 1 695 Apr 22, 2012, 11:10 AM
Last Post: GmZ