REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PM Subject (requires a subject for a PM)
I got tired (once again) of receiving PMs without a subject. Mybb doesn't have a way to require one. Well I made a nifty plugin that does exactly that...forces users to add a subject.

License is GNU/GPL.

Plugin Name: PM subject
Plugin Author: Jesse Labrocca
Plugin Website: http://www.MybbCentral.com
Plugin Version: 1.0
Plugin Mybb Compatibility: 1.2x
Plugin File Edits: None
Plugin File Uploads: 1
Plugin Description: This requires that a PM be sent with a subject. It's a great simple plugin that will not effect performance. Very Simple.

Installation

1. Upload the file from the zip

root/inc/plugins/pm_subject.php

2. Login to your admincp and ACTIVATE the plugin (PM Subject) in the plugin manager.

This is not language file compatible but you can easily edit the plugin file and change the text for the error.

DEMO: http://www.hackforums.net

Thank you.

Attached Files
.zip   Less than 1 minute ago">PM_Subject.zip (Size: 1.19 KB / Downloads: 30)
Thanks labrocca
Thanks .. This is really great plugin .. Help me lot on my forums ..
Oh yeah exactly what I was looking for.^^
Thanks.
hey, i can´t download it. I have no permissions? :-((((((
Oh good, I had forgotten about this. I'm uploading it now! Thanks again! Big Grin
Yep, I'm using this one on my forum too. I got really tired of receiving all those PM's with the subject: [no subject]

And this works great! Big Grin
Yes but I need to fix something since any mod using auto PMs will not work. So plan on version 2.0 soon with all the bug fixes.
OH, so it will interfere with PM on Registration? Dang, I'll have to deactivate until you get that fixed then!
Yeah I assume it will. The problem was that I used input to check but these automatted notices don't use input. I can fix it...just going to need to rewrite most of the function.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PM on Registration and PM Subject plugin conflict Xtreme2damax 3 3,304 Jul 03, 2008, 02:43 PM
Last Post: judel