REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myps modified downloads section
There was a version of MusicalMidgets download section mod that was modified for Myps that I installed on my board.

I seem to be having a problem with it, I uploaded a file, however when testing the download I get redirected the my forums index and the download never starts.

How can I fix this?

Thanks if anyone can help.Smile
Who wrote it? Where did you get it from? I can't fix what I can't see. Let me know.
labrocca Wrote:Who wrote it? Where did you get it from? I can't fix what I can't see. Let me know.

I don't know who wrote it, I thought you or Lex might of modified it since it has Myps integrated for downloads.

I remember I downloaded it off of an attachment at the official Mybb support forum, but I forgot who it was modified by.

Let me see if I can find where I archived it on my disc, and check the readme that came with it if any.

:Edit: It doesn't have a readme, so I can't find out who modified it. I can however post the files as an attachment for you to look at, maybe you'll be able to find out who modified it or recognize it:

.zip   Less than 1 minute ago">Download Section°MODDED_FOR_MYPS.zip (Size: 31.14 KB / Downloads: 2)
Does the regular Downloads Section mod work for your site? If not then it's not this modified version. Try it first please.

Looking at the plugin file ...it was done by Lex. Did you run/activate the upgrade plugin file?
labrocca Wrote:Does the regular Downloads Section mod work for your site? If not then it's not this modified version. Try it first please.

Looking at the plugin file ...it was done by Lex. Did you run/activate the upgrade plugin file?

No I didn't run the upgrade, I just deactivated the normal downloads plugin, uploaded the new files and reactivated.

The original downloads section mod did work, but it was lacking features and downloads wouldn't retain their original filename after being uploaded.
I believe you need to upload and activate the plugin file upgade_ds.php
I don't know where you got that; but it wasn't of the MyBB Community.
If i'm not mistaken i've never shared it; so i'm wondering how did you get it ^^

Edit:
Run the update file; and replace your root downloads.php with the attached one. The reason why you get redirected to your index page is due the fact the $download['filename'] was empty.
So all submitted downloads are worthless =P

And a sidenote; if everything i 'make' for one person gets shared without me knowing of it; well don't expect much in the future ^^

Attached Files
.php   Less than 1 minute ago">downloads.php (Size: 14.86 KB / Downloads: 3)
This was part of the package you gave to Labrocca, Lex. It was posted in your Lex Archive after you went MIA. That's where I got it, and that must have been where Xtreme got it. So don't assume that someone did something behind your back! Tongue

Here is the link from this site: http://www.mybbcentral.com/showthread.php?tid=975
Hmz; shouldn't be there =P
Overhere its in a folder 'MYPS_Addons'; probably zipped the whole thing.
LeX- Wrote:Hmz; shouldn't be there =P
Overhere its in a folder 'MYPS_Addons'; probably zipped the whole thing.

LMAO...yeah, that's why I was so surprised when I saw it! Tongue

edit:: Guess it's no big deal that you removed it. I notice hardly anyone even downloaded it. Their loss!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to turn off?"(This post was last modified: Today 01:40 AM by Anime." Anime 0 1,601 Dec 13, 2014, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Anime
  the MYPS MyStore rb29 9 3,564 Mar 22, 2014, 01:55 AM
Last Post: 2.0
  Official Plugins Section Louis Richardson 2 980 May 11, 2012, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Louis Richardson
  game section plugin scores problem NO BAIL 1 791 Feb 13, 2012, 12:50 PM
Last Post: portugal
  NewPoints or MYPS? ashkir 0 696 Jan 24, 2012, 10:39 PM
Last Post: ashkir