REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Folks .. you might like this
I've been u all night but this is the rough copy ..

If you go to http://www.whiffyskunk.com/forumz

you will see that I have banged in a flash banner instead of all the bumph at the top .. ! the flash banner is activated to the forum and the links are working ...!

Log in is at the bottom - once logged in no more do you have to go from the forum to your profile .. just click up the profile tab from the banner and it will open under neath your forum browsing ready for you to send a mail or a pm etc etc....!

I knew it was possible and thanx to MyBB i can now rig up your flash swf banners if your interested and also make them compatible and working with your forum. I will be working on an all in finished banner (that one is just a rough). You can put a juke box on it all sorts of shit and also make it completely browsable (well I can)

Hope you are as excited by this as I know anyone will be that actually sits down and thinks what I have done here. Its never been done before in the history of forums... and thanx to MyBB script it is now and its a forum first ..!

Its my brithday today as well .. !

(if you want a banner and stuff - dont email me --- join my forum .. he he he )

regards
Jules
Oh yeh thanx for the flag plug in I got it working now .. and its cool.

Ok ive also added the preliminary jukebox .. just to show you lovely people where im thing of going and what is possible .. it willl take a while to load the flash banner .. about 1 minute .. but i can speed that up later.

There is a playable track on there for the demo version of this. All ideas are intellectual property and the banner itself is produced by me Jules owner of whiffyskunk.com (it is rough but you should get the gist ) This is ONLY the START ..!

Regards
Jules
Congrats on your work.
Upgraded now linking to the music which im storing on a sub domain - loads the banner much faster and can hold prett much as much music as my guests want on there.

regards
Jules
Your banner is 5mb! Wow that's excessive.
Yeah, and even on cable internet, once it's loaded, it goes VERY SLOW.
People think flash is cool...and maybe it is. But it's almost never practical.
It is taking me about .. 15 seconds to load .. hardly excessive .. flash is the ultimate - if your not using flash somewhere in your internet world i gotta suggest you wake up.

regards
Jules
15 seconds is VERY excessive imho...

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/servi...ze/wso.php

Use that site..it will show that a basic DSL or Cable will probably take 15-30 seconds. Those will 56k will take 16 MINUTES....now that's excessive.

Hey it's your site...do what you want but don't come around asking for tips to gain visitors or ask why your site isn't popular. With flash..it loads on EVERY page...it doesn't cache.
jules12345 Wrote:It is taking me about .. 15 seconds to load .. hardly excessive .. flash is the ultimate - if your not using flash somewhere in your internet world i gotta suggest you wake up.

regards
Jules

And I wasn't talking about how long it takes to load. I'm talking about how long it takes your graphics to show up and move about AFTER it loads. That is very slow, even on cable internet. That in addition to those 15 seconds IS excessive. Maybe it's YOU that needs to wake up!