REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest Points System (Urgent....)
You can base this off of MyPS, pretty sure it'll work out.
I am going to running a contest based on who has the most points by December 31st. It is similiar to MyPS, but I need more features and make sure they can't donate them. You're thinking "Why not turn off the donating feature and use MyPS instead then?" Well, I already installed MyPS. Here are the features I need:

Points for:
-Referrals
-Threads
-Time Spent on Forum
-Extra Points for Specific Forum they start thread in
-No Points for specific Forum they post/start thread in
Other:
-Ability for staff to award points with a maximum of how much they can reward in total a day
-Ability to count points from a date and after that date. Example: If I set the date to August 12th, any posts, reputations, threads, referrals, etc won't count towards points

Thanks! I really really need this plugin and hopefully by the end of this week. I really really need it! Thanks again!
Referrals -We had points for referrals in 1.2x but I will probably add it to 1.4x MYPS core. This assume that good hooks are involved and I can simply do it.

Time Spent Online - We don't have anything for that yet. You would need something custom as I have not plans on adding that myself just yet.

Extra Points for Specific Forum - I plan on adding myps settings for FID % increase. An extra field will get added to forum table where a % will be added. Then you can alter each fid to give 10% extra or heck 10% less. Smile Whatever you feel. However this is not a current feature and is a couple releases away.

Reputation - Fairly easy to add a hook in the plugin file for this. The problem is that Mybb allows for reputation to be altered so I have to see how that function all works and where the hooks are located.

Ability for staff to award X per day - hmm...more complex and a less desirable feature imho. If you can't trust your staff to only give out X per day without an addon then imho they shouldn't be on staff.

Ability to count points from X date - geez that's a tough one. You would need to log all actions of myps with a timestamp..that's ALL ACTIONS...every thread, post, donation, or whatever else you have in settings. I guess the best method would be to create a marker point and record all myps. Then you can create a stop point then compare. It's the only doable method that doesn't create pure chaos. This would have to be a seperate addon for myps but it's possible. Shouldn't be too hard. You can use LEX's backup system for myps probably as a base.

Quote:Thanks! I really really need this plugin and hopefully by the end of this week. I really really need it! Thanks again!

And I need a million dollars by tomorrow but guess what...it's not gonna happen for either of us. Sorry but your request is pretty brutal. For one it's custom work. For another even if I was to be paid..I probably couldn't complete it by the end of the week anyways. You're gonna have to make some decisions and adjustments to both your expectations and time-frames.
K then, is next month ok? Or maybe longer...
Everything I stated as custom would have to be paid work or done by someone else.

The rest I really don't have specific timeframes for.
Ah, ok, I understand. Just for my knowledge, if it was paid, specifically what would be the range?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Like the Easteregg plugin but points based? havok89 0 1,137 Dec 06, 2012, 09:08 AM
Last Post: havok89
  MyPS betting system tomas 5 3,807 Oct 27, 2012, 06:52 PM
Last Post: hoopster
  Downloads + Forums Posts, point system Darkwin 2 1,984 Apr 09, 2012, 03:48 PM
Last Post: labrocca
  Post image rating system Rob1991 2 2,048 Aug 13, 2011, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Vibekilla
  Link Management System kizmark 2 1,473 Jul 04, 2010, 06:55 AM
Last Post: kizmark