REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible idea for a plugin/modification
I've posted a request on this over at the official Mybb forums which seems it wasn't noticed or no one took an interest in.

Actually a couple plugin suggestions along the same thing in terms of use.

1. An Ajax quick thread form, on the forum/subforum display page that will allows users to quickly create threads on the fly without a need to load the new thread page, similar to the Ajax Quick Reply.

A private message quick reply modification which would allow users to quickly reply to a PM on the fly without the need to load a new page.

There were a few members that would like to see such a modification made, and thought it would be useful to have. I am unsure if such a modification could be done with Ajax or if it is even necessary.

I would appreciate any feedback/insight on my plugin/modification suggestions.Smile
(Sep 25, 2008, 01:05 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: 1. An Ajax quick thread form, on the forum/subforum display page that will allows users to quickly create threads on the fly without a need to load the new thread page, similar to the Ajax Quick Reply.

Adding an element of impulse to creating new threads seems like a poor idea, IMO. While replies often can be succint and quick, new threads should be a little more elaborate than that.

Not shooting down the idea, just my two cents as to why it doesn't exist yet.
Quote:1. An Ajax quick thread form, on the forum/subforum display page that will allows users to quickly create threads on the fly without a need to load the new thread page, similar to the Ajax Quick Reply.

I really dislike ajax for the most part. It means less ad displays and lower revenue. That's reality. It's "cool" but not profitable. I might add some Ajax features to MYPS but that's about it for my plans concerning that.
(Sep 25, 2008, 10:15 AM)labrocca Wrote:
Quote:1. An Ajax quick thread form, on the forum/subforum display page that will allows users to quickly create threads on the fly without a need to load the new thread page, similar to the Ajax Quick Reply.

I really dislike ajax for the most part. It means less ad displays and lower revenue. That's reality. It's "cool" but not profitable. I might add some Ajax features to MYPS but that's about it for my plans concerning that.

Not everyone wants to make money from their websites. Wink
(Sep 25, 2008, 09:15 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep 25, 2008, 10:15 AM)labrocca Wrote:

Not everyone wants to make money from their websites. Wink

Yes but I do and that's what I revolve my plugins around. I don't like "fluff".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sorting Hat Plugin Tini93 0 832 Apr 23, 2017, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Tini93
  Betting Plugin L34XXOR 0 1,798 Jan 28, 2015, 01:11 AM
Last Post: L34XXOR
  MyBB User Profile Post activity (No Plugin) Snow. 0 2,403 Nov 26, 2013, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Snow.
  Need Plugin last 24 hours online visitors gudo 2 2,889 Nov 17, 2013, 01:47 PM
Last Post: BlueShiftXD
  Need reporting plugin craig1985 0 1,205 Jan 16, 2013, 02:39 PM
Last Post: craig1985