REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MYPS - Loyalty Gifts
I do not know if this has been asked, did a search and saw a lot of shop type requests and stuff, however I did not see anything where you would be able to use MYPS points to buy real live items. Making the myps points a currency.

I am thinking of maybe integrating the points to something like zencart or other commercial shopping cart thing.

Anybody done something similar ?
Could Ryan Ashbrook's shop be modded to do this ?
i would like to have it too... up ^_^
This is part of the project list already that I have for MYPS but it's a long way off. Maybe a year or more even. It's going to depend on what's happening by spring.
An impractical way of doing this would be simply to make a thread with all the items you have up for "sale" and list their price in the points system.

Then have the members donate you the amount of points along with a message stating what they want. Sure it's not as automated as you'd like it to be, but it's a decent workaround. I do something very similar actually and it works.
labrocca, if I come up with something in the meantime, I will send you the code, maybe it can safe you some time.
Actually CoDPlay3r, not a bad idea, create a "shop" phantom account, let the shop post ask donations for items. Thank you for the short term solutions

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyPS betting system tomas 5 3,944 Oct 27, 2012, 06:52 PM
Last Post: hoopster
  MYPS Upgrade? Shark 17 5,571 Nov 11, 2011, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Shark
  MyPS plugin dtommy79 6 3,291 Sep 03, 2010, 11:14 PM
Last Post: racerking
  A minimum post/MYPS points to view test. Mark Topper 0 1,049 Jun 21, 2010, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Mark Topper
  Store for MYPS - But not a normal one...... Master Vampire 0 1,046 Mar 18, 2010, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Master Vampire