REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOW CHEAP ARE PEOPLE
OMG, 5 dollars is sooooo much.

Dude, don't go to mcdonalds for one day and boom there ya go. 5 dollars is nothing, and it annoys the shit out of me when people complain about it.

GO Mybbcentral by the way, moral of the story Tongue
$5 is the price of a Venti Latte at Starbucks.
I expect there is a portion of MyBB owners that are unable to pay. For whatever reason. Be it they are underage or whatever.
So simply making them out to be cheap is not really fair. Almost stereotyping which im not real keen on.
Now that said i agree in part. If someone has the capacity to pay then i think they should.
Hell if the donate was setup here i would donate on top of my subscription.
I think what you get here is worth loads more than a mere $5. But i am a working adult so its different.
I would have paid $50 to enjoy the privileges of being here.
Just my 2 cents on the topic. Not a dig at you bk2070 just i feel a differently worded topic would have been nice.
FTW Forum <-- Home of the DAMNED!
I have a weird thing that happens to my sigs. Its call moderation lol
It doesn't bother me when people are unable to pay. However, it gets on my nerves when they feel like incessantly bitching about it as if some atrocity were being committed.

If you can't/don't want to pay, that's cool, but don't expect anyone to care.

I spent twice as much as my subscription here costs on nine chocolates for my girlfriend today. Gasp!
I hear ya Bey. I spend more than the subscription price going to work every day with petrol alone.
Just i feel the people that can not afford or whatever need respect also. We are all people after all.
What means little or nothing to me or you can mean a weeks salary to others.. Get me?
FTW Forum <-- Home of the DAMNED!
I have a weird thing that happens to my sigs. Its call moderation lol
I noticed alertpay now has Subscriptions and IPN. I hope to add them to the plugin as a payment method eventually.
(Oct 09, 2008, 05:35 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It doesn't bother me when people are unable to pay. However, it gets on my nerves when they feel like incessantly bitching about it as if some atrocity were being committed.

If you can't/don't want to pay, that's cool, but don't expect anyone to care.

Seconded.

I found the equivalent of $5 on the floor today. And I'm 99.9% sure you don't even need a card to use PayPal, you can have money on your account, so you sell some old shit on eBay and boom, 5 bucks is yours.
I *believe* it is the concept some dont grasp. As a few know i was guilty of it.
Issue is people see MYBB itself doing what it is for free. Hopefully that makes sense?

Thing here is Making the connection that the Plugins here are well supported and i seriously doubt Labrocca is just gonna up and leave as YES a few others have done.

Hopefully MYBB can attract some true talent that will offer professional grade Themes/skins like this as well. better for MYBB and everyone else. It gets others intrested and maybe testing thier own talents etc for free.

Always good to have a decent selection of BOTH free and paid which MYBB is starting to have now thanks to here.

Next time someone complains dont bitch at them or call them cheap or whatever. Just explain the benifits of having this place and leave it at that.
Quote:Always good to have a decent selection of BOTH free and paid which MYBB is starting to have now thanks to here.

Yes...and in my own way I think I have inspired others to compete with me. Mybbsource is probably a good example. I wonder if they would have bothered had I still been freely releasing my stuff. I kind of doubt it since many of their popular plugins are just smaller versions of mine. Overall I think the more involved with mybb the better and it doesn't matter the level of involvment. Everyone has their comfort zone.

Quote:Next time someone complains dont bitch at them or call them cheap or whatever. Just explain the benifits of having this place and leave it at that.

I mostly stick with that or ignore them...mostly. Smile

Quote:I *believe* it is the concept some dont grasp. As a few know i was guilty of it.
Issue is people see MYBB itself doing what it is for free.

Oh I fully understand and even respect their position. I just don't agree nor am I obligated to. What I do isn't illegal, against the TOS of mybb, or even frowned upon by them. They are indifferent to the situation. I think Chris probably does appreciate the bit of money he gets. I know his server costs are near $200 a month that's $2400 a year. It's not chump change. Any few ways he can maintain his own integrity and still help cover costs probably makes him happy. I don't know what others donate but I have a feeling it's not much. I been thinking of setting up a donate button here that directly gives Chris the money.

Harry..when you going to subscribe. I know you want to. Smile
Yeah I can understand why people don't like it but it's the way they go about complaining.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can People Use HF Theme on There Sites? AppleDeveloper 21 7,042 Jun 12, 2011, 02:23 AM
Last Post: The Elite
  Best (Yet Cheap) Host Kaleb 3 1,392 Apr 16, 2010, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Kaleb
  How can i make it so people can upload signature images to the server Gonzo 5 2,424 Oct 01, 2009, 12:18 PM
Last Post: wolfgang2025
Sad The link I give to People does not work 0 594 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: