REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
postbit
I've set it to show in the classic format but it continues to display on the horizontal layout for all members unless they specify in the UCP.

You can view an example in the attachment

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I see it in classic format.
(Oct 22, 2008, 06:07 AM)sadiqsaad Wrote: I see it in classic format.

Maybe it hasn't changed the format for current members?
(Oct 22, 2008, 06:10 AM)Snappo Wrote:

And that's how it's meant to be. The ACP setting only affects guests and new users. Once a user has registered, even if they don't change their postbit view in their UCP, the ACP setting will have no effect on them if it is changed.
(Oct 22, 2008, 07:28 AM)Matt_ Wrote:
(Oct 22, 2008, 06:10 AM)Snappo Wrote:

And that's how it's meant to be. The ACP setting only affects guests and new users. Once a user has registered, even if they don't change their postbit view in their UCP, the ACP setting will have no effect on them if it is changed.

That's nice and all but I want it changed Smile I'm just going to edit the postbit for the horizontal layout because it is bloody horrible.
Well, you can't force it on users unless you make both postbit templates the same.
That's what I've done.
You should have just altered the database and then change the default for signup. That would still allow the option for users but would of course start them with classic.

In phpmyadmin run this:

UPDATE mybb_users set classicpostbit='1';

That takes care of all existing users.

Now let's change the default.

ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` CHANGE `classicpostbit` `classicpostbit` INT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'

Now that SHOULD do it...but after trying this please signup a test member to make sure. Let me know if it doesn't work.
You can also remove the option for them to change it by removing the line in usercp_options, so they can't even try and change it.
(Oct 22, 2008, 11:37 AM)labrocca Wrote: You should have just altered the database and then change the default for signup. That would still allow the option for users but would of course start them with classic.

In phpmyadmin run this:

UPDATE mybb_users set classicpostbit='1';

That takes care of all existing users.

Now let's change the default.

ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` CHANGE `classicpostbit` `classicpostbit` INT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'

Now that SHOULD do it...but after trying this please signup a test member to make sure. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Never thought of that cheers Smile

(Oct 22, 2008, 11:51 AM)Matt_ Wrote: You can also remove the option for them to change it by removing the line in usercp_options, so they can't even try and change it.

Will do Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to award in postbit bushido 0 1,108 Mar 12, 2016, 10:28 AM
Last Post: bushido
  How do you show user titles instead of groups in postbit? MzStevens 1 1,629 Oct 19, 2015, 12:19 AM
Last Post: MzStevens
  no view Awards in PostBit rusteem 1 1,028 Feb 23, 2013, 10:03 AM
Last Post: GetTheCode
  postbit error Starnova 1 1,056 Jun 01, 2012, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Starnova
  Help with Awards in Postbit!! Cgallagher21 1 1,280 Dec 12, 2011, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Oliver Evans