REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web Cam Mod?
How hard would this be?

I think it would be a great mod/plugin to do
It's a bit freaky if you ask me.
it was just for an idea i had
I'm not even sure this would be possible, and if it was, it would hog a tonne of bandwidth.
Yeah, I mean it would involve connecting to your actual computer, and all other plugins don't link to your computer in any way, just the database and other files. It would probably slow down your computer too.
oh well, me just dreaming again lol
Web Cam Mode? what is this?
(Oct 23, 2008, 05:36 PM)Matt_ Wrote: Yeah, I mean it would involve connecting to your actual computer, and all other plugins don't link to your computer in any way, just the database and other files. It would probably slow down your computer too.

This sounds like an advanced project... first of all you would need an application to stream the video to another server and possibly have a flash application display this on a website.
This isn't a suitable plugin application. What you want is indepth software that you can display on your forum. If you want to have a webcam on your site you can do that. If you want it on your forums you can do that too. Mybb is forum software not a video server.
this could not really be done as a mybb mod you would need to have your own custom software that members download to there computer wich you can then call up on to your web server

so this could not really be made as a mybb plugin as there is not way to call on files from your computer with mybb. it can be done but this is a bit more then just making a mybb mod. you need to have somone with a desktop publishing language and php now how as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  User support mod Jake6177 2 1,472 Sep 13, 2012, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Jake6177
  A mod that disallows guests to view threads spinning 3 2,531 May 09, 2010, 08:24 PM
Last Post: CometJack
  Admin Post Editing Mod Variation Needed netjockey 0 1,053 Dec 23, 2009, 02:14 PM
Last Post: netjockey
  MOD MyCode Jacob 3 2,562 Oct 30, 2009, 06:01 AM
Last Post: Connor-
  $20.00 for MYPS Mod & (Attachment Mod $10.00) + Collapseable Default $5.00 Biohazard 16 7,645 Oct 16, 2009, 05:22 PM
Last Post: kdog2fast