REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Username History v1.2
License is attached inside extras folder by using this software you agree to the terms of that license.

Plugin Name: Username History
Plugin Author: Jesse Labrocca
Plugin Website: http://www.MybbCentral.com
Plugin Version: 1.2
Plugin Mybb Compatibility: 1.4x
Plugin File Edits: None
Plugin File Uploads: 1
Plugin Description: This plugin will keep record of username history changes. A link is displayed in profile that will display a full page with information.

Installation

1. Upload the file from the zip.
/root/inc/plugins/username_history.php

2. Login to your admincp and ACTIVATE the plugin (Username History) in the plugin manager.

Screenshots are all available inside the extras folder.

This plugin currently offers no language support.

DEMO: http://www.hackforums.net

Troubleshooting: In case of custom templates you might need to manually edit them.

Edit template "member_profile":

Find:
{$online_status}

Next line add:
<br /><strong>Username Changes: </strong> {$username_history}

That's it,
Enjoy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Username_History_v1.2.zip (Size: 29.3 KB / Downloads: 623)
Great plugin!
I think it will be useful to keep track of those awfully often nickname changes that take place on my board
Thanks, Labrocca!

[edit]I have a problem...
I'm using MyBB 1.4.3. and it seems that this plugin won't work for me.
I tried to test it on my test user, the "test bot". I've changed it's username in "testbot" and there were still 0 username changes. I've changed it again, back to "test bot" and still... 0 username changes.
weeee this is really useful to me!

thanks labrocca! Big Grin

I have a suggestion... will it be possible to don't show anything if the user has 0 username changes? Just show that info if he has 1 or more username changes Big Grin
Great job, thanks for fulfilling my request so fast!
German Translator. Probleme mit MybbCentral Plugins? Kontaktiert mich.
[Image: mybbaddonssignatur.gif]
Quote:will it be possible to don't show anything if the user has 0 username changes

Hmm..yes that's possible but change will need to be made to the plugin and the template.

If you REALLY REALLY need this I can give you the adjustments you need to make.

Quote:I have a problem..

Can you do me a favor and look in the database? See if username_history exists. What database are you using btw? It's possible the database didn't get created. Also do you have any mods that effect the profile edits? I would need FTP and admincp access to really troubleshoot this.

Quote:Great job, thanks for fulfilling my request so fast!

You're welcome. I needed this also. I have a forum where people change usernames like socks.
Update to 1.1 please as I found a small bug.
Just activated it. Works fine for me.
Thanks for this one. I have members changing names all the time and its annoying. So this is cool to keep track.
Thankyou Labrocca.
FTW Forum <-- Home of the DAMNED!
I have a weird thing that happens to my sigs. Its call moderation lol
(Dec 05, 2008, 09:36 PM)damink Wrote: Just activated it. Works fine for me.
Thanks for this one. I have members changing names all the time and its annoying. So this is cool to keep track.
Thankyou Labrocca.

Yup same for me. And sometimes you even have members immitate each other. If member A changes his name to B then member C decides to change to username A and it totally messes with your head.
(Dec 05, 2008, 02:09 PM)labrocca Wrote: Can you do me a favor and look in the database? See if username_history exists. What database are you using btw? It's possible the database didn't get created. Also do you have any mods that effect the profile edits? I would need FTP and admincp access to really troubleshoot this.

I don't understand exactly what you mean by "what database I'm using" but I use MySQL version: 4.1.22 if that's what you want to know...
I just checked and the username_history table is there, it has the mybb_ prefix just like the others, it has the correct structure (at least I suppose it does)
The plugins that I use are the following:
Advanced Quick Reply Form (1.0.3)
Dynamic Metas (1.1)
Forum stats in profile (2.0)
Game Section (1.2 RC 1)
Image Resizer & Optimizer with GD (1.1)
Important messages (2.0)
Important messages upgrade. (1.3.1)
MyMood (1.0 Beta)
Multiple reputations (2.0)
My Awards (1.0)
MYPS (1.3)
Private Messages Admin (2.4.1)
Reputation Manager (1.2)
Rules Page (1.1)
Show group details in User Profile (2.0)
Referral in Profile (1.1)
SpiceFuse Shoutbox (1.1 Beta 3)
Spoiler BBCode (1.4)
Tagpad (2.1)
Thread Description (1.1)
ThankYou (3.0.6)
Tube Video Gallery (1.4.0)
Usermap (1.1)
and, of course, Username History (1.1)

If you'd like to, I can also send you a pm with the login data for a FTP and AdminCP user.

Oh, and I'd like to thank for looking into this!
(Dec 05, 2008, 02:09 PM)labrocca Wrote: You're welcome. I needed this also. I have a forum where people change usernames like socks.

Sup Wink

Anyway; thankyou for this; I know it'll come in handy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Username History w/ Time Restriction labrocca 16 10,475 Apr 26, 2009, 01:16 PM
Last Post: labrocca