REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Default Message v2.0
License is attached inside extras folder by using this software you agree to the terms of that license.

Plugin Name: Default Message
Plugin Author: Jesse Labrocca
Plugin Website: http://www.webmasterforums.biz
Plugin Version: 2.1
Plugin Mybb Compatibility: 1.4x
Plugin File Edits: None
Plugin File Uploads: 2 (plus a core file with typo fix)
Plugin Description: This plugin creates default messages for forums. Perfect for sales forums or to enforce posting rules.

Installation

1. Upload the files from the zip (if you are on 1.4.4 or lower please also upload the admin/modules/forum/module_meta.php as it contains a typo)

2. Login to your admincp and ACTIVATE the plugin (Default Message) in the plugin manager.

3. You will have a new "Default Message" in admincp settings under "posting". It's enabled by default.

4. Under "Forums and Posts" in admincp you will have a new nav option for "Default Message" where you can edit.

The rest is self explantory.

Language is supported simply edit the forum_defaultmessage.lang.php admin file and upload it to your preferred language.

Changelog
=======================
Version 2.1 April 24, 2009 - Fixed a bug with editing drafts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Default_Message_v2.1.zip (Size: 31.81 KB / Downloads: 471)
Wow! Thanks for the new plugin Big Grin I'm privileged to be the first to download Tongue
Ever really understood the Gospel?
The Gospel
YES! Finally. I need this soooo bad!
Thanks Labrocca...you rawk!
I am really happy about this release because it's actually a very clean plugin. One of my best as far as coding goes. It's extremely minimal and yet very functional plus I did it in just a few hours.
This is amazing Wink Thank you Labrocca
Ever really understood the Gospel?
The Gospel
I have already tested it and it works like a charm Smile
(Feb 09, 2009, 08:34 PM)Gordie Wrote: I have already tested it and it works like a charm Smile

Always my goal. I have a pet peeve about sloppy authors that release plugins that don't work as advertised. I spent a lot of time trying to get it right the first time. I am not always successful but I always quickly fix whatever is found wrong.

Thanks for the comments.
That's sweet. For some reason this plugin reminds me of Digitalpoint, I don't know why though.
Because DP has something similar running for thread titles. I know that VB plugin. Also sites like Namepros uses something similar. It's fairly common in BST or Support type forums where certain information is required and a template of sorts is there by default.

Here is the Mybb equivelant. Smile
*prays for this to be a future MyBB feature*

Tongue Well it probably won't be this would help so much in the support forums.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Private Message "No Subject" 88power88 1 1,928 Jun 15, 2010, 04:33 AM
Last Post: Elite Dash
  Found a Bug at Default Messages 1.0 Stein 2 2,449 Apr 19, 2009, 05:06 AM
Last Post: Stein
  Display message to Guest users AdamDV 9 6,870 Apr 04, 2009, 04:13 PM
Last Post: labrocca
  Sidebox on the message view ustein 3 2,496 Feb 12, 2009, 11:05 PM
Last Post: labrocca
  [1.4] Reported Posts Message jnd52 3 4,071 Sep 12, 2008, 05:01 PM
Last Post: andreidanielb