REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyBB SEO
Well I haven't been able to find any SEO plugins for MyBB 1.4.x so I thought I'd make a suggestion/request for one here. Of course it is the developers time spent making these, so I'm not going to whine or moan about one not being made.

In my opinion, it would be great as SEO is very important for ad revenue on peoples sites and improves the ad relevance by a lot. I just want something I can upload, turn on in the admincp (maybe configure a few settings) and there, I now have search friendly links (e.g this thread would be something like: mybbcentral.com/MyBB-SEO/)... you get the idea.
Thanks.
(Feb 16, 2009, 02:32 PM)TF_ Wrote: Well I haven't been able to find any SEO plugins for MyBB 1.4.x

you're not trying very hard because there's at least three of them

none of them work very well but the google SEO that's in beta right now looks very promising
(Feb 16, 2009, 03:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Feb 16, 2009, 02:32 PM)TF_ Wrote: Well I haven't been able to find any SEO plugins for MyBB 1.4.x

none of them work very well but the google SEO that's in beta right now looks very promising

Linking me to them might have been a good idea + if none of them work very well then why would i bother using them.
I looked into this. The way it's setup makes it impossible to be a plugin. It's very complex the current method and well..if Mybb wanted too they could change it so that the urls were more SEF. Sadly they haven't done this correctly from the start and I am afraid they are screwing up the entire process. It's very bad for a site to redo all it's links after they are already indexed.

Brad is right that the current set of plugins are iffy at best. They do work though. I am not sure it's Brads job to give you a link. He told you they exist...you want to use them go find them. He was just trying to be helpful to a point.
(Feb 16, 2009, 03:26 PM)TF_ Wrote:
(Feb 16, 2009, 03:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Linking me to them might have been a good idea + if none of them work very well then why would i bother using them.

Not that I think it's at all my responsibility to do your research for you, especially after being rude to me, but for people who come across this thread looking for SEO plugins, here you go:

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-41922.html
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/mybb-seo
http://www.mybbseo.com/
The one made by the owner of SpiceFuse works, but it has a few bugs that haven't really been fixed yet unfortunately. I recommend that if you do use it, that you disable the meta tags that it provides by commenting them out and use the meta tag plugin that Labrocca made.
(Feb 16, 2009, 10:14 PM)CoDPlay3r Wrote: I recommend that if you do use it, that you disable the meta tags that it provides by commenting them out and use the meta tag plugin that Labrocca made.

How do i comment them out?