REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mybboard down?
It appears the site is down. Anyone have any information?
Chris usually gets a text as soon as it goes down but after 2 hours, I emailed him. Nothing back yet. It is 5:45 AM for him but he usually still gets messages. I may contact him another way if it isn't back within a few hours.
Is it just me but when MyBB goes down you realise you needed it for something! Oh well im sure that plugin can wait!
(Mar 06, 2009, 02:46 PM)MattR Wrote: Chris usually gets a text as soon as it goes down but after 2 hours, I emailed him. Nothing back yet. It is 5:45 AM for him but he usually still gets messages. I may contact him another way if it isn't back within a few hours.

It has been down for a bit now. It seems as if it's a network problem or a problem with the server's network configurations. If anyone wants to download MyBB 1.4.4, I have uploaded a copy of it: http://localhostr.com/files/cd3949/mybb_1.4.zip

We'll keep you guys updated.
Regards,
MyBB SQA Team Member.
[Image: dynno.png]
^Get the same sig image for your Tweets Dynno.com
MyBB needs to create a emergency status blog at blogspot or twitter for events like this. Its a good idea. Some people could get discouraged from using MyBB just because their server went down, yeah downtime can be a killer even if it has nothing to do with the software :p

Just a suggestion for MyBB staff to run amongst themselves Smile
Still down and I get this error

Code:
ERROR
Service Unavailable

The requested service is unavailable.

Please try again later.
They should point to Mybb Central. Smile
(Mar 06, 2009, 04:45 PM)labrocca Wrote: They should point to Mybb Central. Smile

Tongue I definitely believe a Load Balancer would take care of the downtime, but it's costly. Using the LVS, it won't transfer traffic to servers that are down, and instead, only take them to the servers that are running. Then again, its not worth it. Tongue
I get this:

Quote:Failed to Connect

The connection was refused when attempting to contact http://www.mybboard.net.

Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection.

* Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.
Every different browser is going to give you a different error. The bottom-line is, the website is down.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyBBoard server is down sadiqsaad 38 13,022 Jul 30, 2009, 06:48 PM
Last Post: MattR
  Mybboard is down sadiqsaad 1 1,225 Jun 29, 2009, 11:16 PM
Last Post: TM0
  MyBBoard Down? Joshua Mayer 9 3,562 Apr 14, 2009, 11:19 AM
Last Post: TM0
  MyBBoard not working? Robert 12 5,023 Jan 03, 2009, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Idoexist