REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to drive traffic to my site
What might be the best way to drive more members to my site http://www.swtorarchives.com. I've been spreading the word as much as possible but have yet to get any members other than friends.
Have some actual content. When I visit your site all I see is a News board. Not to mention, there's loads of great Star Wars sites out there already. What makes yours better?
ouch and mine is driven towards the new bioware mmo star wars the old republic specifically. im not sure what content i can offer as there isnt much to offer other than news right now. any suggestiongs on type of content i could/should offer?
(Mar 25, 2009, 10:46 PM)Vysse Wrote: ouch and mine is driven towards the new bioware mmo star wars the old republic specifically. im not sure what content i can offer as there isnt much to offer other than news right now. any suggestiongs on type of content i could/should offer?

Well there you go. You're trying to build a community around a game that doesn't exist yet and barely anything is known about ... who's going to join that?

And if you really need to ask me what sort of content you should use, maybe you shouldn't own the site. Post any news updates you can, speculation, and get rid of the giant background image, it takes forever to load and it's distracting.
This is the first time to run a site...the background image is random that is why it takes forever to load and I myself didn't like it but am in the middle of finding something to better replace it. As for content I'm trying to provide news and such but it's the same crap everyone else if providing. I know I wanna offer news photos and some other things I have planned but my main issue is I can't think of a damn thing to get more people to actually visit. I check my ip logs frequently and nobody has visited my site set aside people I know. I'm thinking an seo mod but it interferes with some things in mkportal and mybb...anyways thanks for the advice given I'll be adding more things soon just wanted ideas on how to actually get people to go there not to sign up and come back.[/b]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 ways that to boost Your pr of a site? justfun5656 0 1,212 Oct 22, 2016, 01:43 AM
Last Post: justfun5656
  Unlimited Traffic to your site [Free][Tutorial] WallBB 21 8,296 Jun 03, 2014, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Play
  CustomHits.net - Adsense safe FREE Traffic hostpro 2 2,335 Oct 13, 2012, 09:28 AM
Last Post: hostpro
Sad Is the site dead? Salsut 3 1,873 Jun 16, 2011, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Desmond
  Site Idea...needs everyone's input x-Treme 4 1,916 Oct 11, 2010, 11:10 AM
Last Post: x-Treme