REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox display
Hi guys Big Grin

Basically I made a MyBB forum, of course, and everything's working correctly...except this little thingy.

Forum displays perfectly in Opera and IE but not on Firefox. Like, the theme isn't displayed at all, just the threads and posts...everything is plain white, except for the links which are blue.
Besides, check it out: http://www.gavforum.info
It's my test forum, and school forum at the same time xD

So, how would I fix it?
If any1 helps, +rep or something...
Thanks in advance Cool
Make sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777.
Wow first time i have heard of FF not showing and IE showing.
Always the other way normally.
@MattR i would never have thought that was the problem. I even tested it and could not replicate the problem with chmodding folders cache and or themes.
I only tried chmod 666 though.
FTW Forum <-- Home of the DAMNED!
I have a weird thing that happens to my sigs. Its call moderation lol
Well, 99% of the time that people have this on the comm. forums, it's either those folders aren't CHMOD, or their board URL is wrong. The board URL seems to be fine here because the toplink images are working and they'd be broken if it was the board URL. If those 2 folders are OK, check the ones inside ./cache/themes/, they need to be 755 IIRC and the files inside need to be 644 (or sometimes even 777 and 666 respectively too).
I replied to your post at http://www.webmasterforums.biz/thread-82...ml#pid6548 Sad
After applying the permissions, nothing changed. True, /cache folder needed CHMODing but it didn't help anyway :O

Any more ideas? Also +rep for trying to help, hopefully I will motivate you enough to help me Smile
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="http://gavforum.info/cache/themes/theme2/global.css" />
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="http://gavforum.info/cache/themes/theme1/tabbed.css" />

I saw that in the code. That seemed perhaps a little weird?
Not sure actually. So you have the default theme and your own one do you?
Try revert back to default theme and see if that fixes it. And perhaps deactivate any plugins you may have like tabbed menu and see if that helps?
Just throwing out ideas mate.
After all i am the FoRuMs DrUnKeN ClOwN Smile
Yeah I do. In fact I had problems lol. I used Corporal but installed tabs in the default theme. So I just changed to default theme, nothing big of a problem. The problem appeared as soon as I installed the forum so...no, that shouldn't be a problem.
Or should it be? I don't know. I clearly said, web mastering/designing is probably the only thing I'm not really familiar with when it comes to computering.
Pitty Labrocca is not online right now. I suspect he will look at it and 2 seconds later he would have the answer.
Weird a default forum would do that. Really weird. I run a test forum that is basically default and it does not do it.
At what point did you install tabs? Right at the start or after problem?
Thats the only thing i can think of causing it. But i have not heard of it happening to others so its a weird one.
Sorry i cant help you more SOF. I really wish i could mate. But im not the brightest spark here either mate.
I stumble around is about all. Smile
As I said it appeared as soon as I installed the forum. I installed tabs yesterday LOONG after the forum. Lol.

It's OK, you can't know everything, lol. Besides, I googled for the answer and couldn't find it, so...rare people know it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warning Display Groups Flawless 0 1,110 Jul 22, 2014, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Flawless
Question MyBB Forum does not work on FireFox [HELP] IttRaXx 1 705 Apr 22, 2012, 11:06 AM
Last Post: GmZ
  How to display age column? xmizer 11 2,635 Mar 15, 2012, 01:35 AM
Last Post: xmizer
  Online24 - Display ashy 5 1,954 Aug 01, 2011, 08:44 AM
Last Post: ashy
  Necropost Notice - does not display information in a quick reply albatros 5 2,163 Mar 02, 2011, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Oliver Evans