REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiding conect to MYPS
Hi.
I need a plugin that hide all the things that are in for example [x][/x] and has a button to show it ! And when user clicks on the button his/her MYPS be less!
Is It Possible?
Not without a heavy modification.
But' It'll be really useful!
He generally doesn't take requests anyhow, waste of time suggesting anything. Anything that's even slightly difficult for him he would just say it's out of the question
Yeah! But It's his work not mine:d
I have to request from him:d
(Aug 27, 2009, 10:43 AM)GizSho Wrote: He generally doesn't take requests anyhow, waste of time suggesting anything. Anything that's even slightly difficult for him he would just say it's out of the question

Interesting view. However inaccurate. Difficulty isn't the problem. It's time. I don't have the TIME for complex plugins. I can make just about anything but I have to balance the time I have.

But overall most requests are denied. This one in truth is near impossible without core file edits and I don't make plugins with core file edits.
(Aug 27, 2009, 05:02 PM)labrocca Wrote:
(Aug 27, 2009, 10:43 AM)GizSho Wrote: He generally doesn't take requests anyhow, waste of time suggesting anything. Anything that's even slightly difficult for him he would just say it's out of the question

Interesting view. However inaccurate. Difficulty isn't the problem. It's time. I don't have the TIME for complex plugins. I can make just about anything but I have to balance the time I have.

But overall most requests are denied. This one in truth is near impossible without core file edits and I don't make plugins with core file edits.

Yes but just about all of your replies to suggestions are that of the first post you made in this thread, you don't give a real reason why you said no.

And about the time thing, you run a MyBB Forum that is dedicated to giving plugins to people that pay you money, for saying you don't have time to do it is like ripping us off. Sure, the plugins you have here are fantastic already, but people want new stuff, I'm not trying to put you in a position that you must constantly be coding new plugins and taking everybody's requests but some people on here actually have decent suggestions and requests and they get ignored because not everybody has the required skills in order to make these suggestions a reality.

Also, in my opinion you seem to have a lot of time on your hands besides from if you work or not which is none of my business, but you run..so far I see four websites that you run, all of which are popular and you gain a nice amount of income from two of them. You code a lot of MyBB plugins and put great websites together, now I know that since you have all of these popular websites they obviously require maintenance, but you should have more administrators on your forums to help you with this so you can provide more and more content to your users that love your work!
Your opinion is not reality. The subscription is for existing work. There is no guarantee of any future work.

Quote:I'm not trying to put you in a position that you must constantly be coding new plugins and taking everybody's requests

It seems that is what you're suggestion though. You even say it's "ripping us off" if I don't code new work.

Quote:some people on here actually have decent suggestions and requests and they get ignored because not everybody has the required skills in order to make these suggestions a reality.

Suggestions often get ignored if they aren't viable. I also have my own project list which very often includes work people suggest. I don't need to give out all my plans nor will I.

Quote:Also, in my opinion you seem to have a lot of time on your hands

Now that's very far from the truth. I have very little free time actually. I wish I could complete even 10% of the plugins I want. Heck I have 4 plugins started on my desktop that I need to complete. You just have no idea what you're talking about.
(Aug 27, 2009, 10:27 PM)labrocca Wrote: Your opinion is not reality. The subscription is for existing work. There is no guarantee of any future work.

Quote:I'm not trying to put you in a position that you must constantly be coding new plugins and taking everybody's requests

It seems that is what you're suggestion though. You even say it's "ripping us off" if I don't code new work.

Quote:some people on here actually have decent suggestions and requests and they get ignored because not everybody has the required skills in order to make these suggestions a reality.

Suggestions often get ignored if they aren't viable. I also have my own project list which very often includes work people suggest. I don't need to give out all my plans nor will I.

Quote:Also, in my opinion you seem to have a lot of time on your hands

Now that's very far from the truth. I have very little free time actually. I wish I could complete even 10% of the plugins I want. Heck I have 4 plugins started on my desktop that I need to complete. You just have no idea what you're talking about.

You also say you can create any plugin that just needs the right balance, like I said, I'm sure you have other things in your life besides the internet, and I understand that, but a lot of people here have suggestions that are viable, and should be taken into consideration. Also, I said in my opinion it seems that you have a lot of time on your hands, not that you do, I have no idea what you do with your life and I don't plan to go into it, but with all of the websites you put together it seems this way.

And there is guarantee of future work, and I quote.

Quote:Support is top notch here at Mybb Central. I am available to help in all types of situations. I will continue to release MYBB plugins and themes. Unless you are subscriber you will not have access to them.

I also remember reading around here somewhere that you said subscriber suggestions and/or requests are taken very seriously. Guess not.
Quote:but with all of the websites you put together it seems this way.

I haven't created a new site all year. As a matter of fact I sold off many of them so I would have more time with HF.

Quote:And there is guarantee of future work, and I quote.

Technically that's not a guarantee. And I have continued to release work.
http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-3226.html

That's about 3 weeks ago.

I have Link Dump I want to finish off and release too. I might even work on it today.

Quote:but a lot of people here have suggestions that are viable, and should be taken into consideration

Give me an example? Because most I see are not viable to make or have been suggested. I have a project list full of good ideas too like a Gallery. But again..I can't release my full project list because I don't want to give others ideas about what I am doing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyPS betting system tomas 5 3,796 Oct 27, 2012, 06:52 PM
Last Post: hoopster
  MYPS Upgrade? Shark 17 5,198 Nov 11, 2011, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Shark
  MyPS plugin dtommy79 6 3,200 Sep 03, 2010, 11:14 PM
Last Post: racerking
  A minimum post/MYPS points to view test. Mark Topper 0 1,008 Jun 21, 2010, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Mark Topper
  Store for MYPS - But not a normal one...... Master Vampire 0 1,009 Mar 18, 2010, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Master Vampire