REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AnonRep (Anonymous Reputation)
License is attached inside extras folder by using this software you agree to the terms of that license.

Plugin Name: AnonRep (Anonymous Reputations)
Plugin Author: Jesse Labrocca
Plugin Website: http://www.MybbCentral.com
Plugin Version: 1.0
Plugin Mybb Compatibility: 1.4x
Plugin File Edits: 1
Plugin File Uploads: 1
Plugin Description: Allows for anonymous reputations to be given based on groups. A setting is adding to the Reputations and each group is seperated by a comma. Each group in the setting can give anonymous reputatations. If the group is removed or if the person is no longer in the anon rep group then the reputation will become visible. Anyone with modcp access can view all reputations. Rep givers can decide when giving rep if they want it to be anonymous. If you give an anonymous reputation you will see the rep marked with a "(anonymous)" after the username link.

This plugins requires a core file edit. Unfortunately it was not possible to do without adding an additional hook into one file.

Installation
=====================
1. Upload the file /inc/plugins/anon_rep.php
2. FTP and make the following core file edit:

Open up ROOT/reputation.php
Find:

eval("\$reputation_votes .= \"".$templates->get("reputation_vote")."\";");

Before it add:

//Custom hook for Anonymous Reputation Plugin
$plugins->run_hooks("reputation_vote");

3. Activate the plugin "Anonymous Reputation" in the admincp.

4. Change settings under "Reputation" to add the groups you want to be anonymous.

Troubleshooting Tips: Please read the plugin release thread at MybbCentral.com for the latest help. It's important you read the thread before asking for help.

Troubleshooting Templates
---------------------------

There are two template edits in case the install did not work for you.

reputation_add

Find "</select>" add after it "{$anonrep}"

reputation_vote

Find "-" add before it "{$anonymous}"

This is not yet language compatible. I will be adding both to the next version once more user input is given on how to improve this.

DEMO: http://www.supportforums.net

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   AnonRep_v1.zip (Size: 54.66 KB / Downloads: 163)
Can I suggest that you add that administrators can see that actual name just incase it breaks your rules you might want to ban that user. I am installing this now as it looks great

Re-read the entire discription, nevermind, this looks amazing though. Thanks Labrocca

Will add more input once I install.
You know that the world is going crazy when the best rapper is white, the best golfers black, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the Americas Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go 2 war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.
Quote:Can I suggest that you add that administrators can see that actual name just incase it breaks your rules you might want to ban that user. I am installing this now as it looks great

Yea that's done but there was an issue with cancp vs canmodcp so please get the new download or just edit the plugin file. Replace the 2 instances of cancp with canmodcp. This will allow anyone with modcp access to view rep givers. I didn't test with a Super Moderator so I made a mistake.
(Oct 14, 2009, 06:57 PM)labrocca Wrote:
Quote:Can I suggest that you add that administrators can see that actual name just incase it breaks your rules you might want to ban that user. I am installing this now as it looks great

Yea that's done but there was an issue with cancp vs canmodcp so please get the new download or just edit the plugin file. Replace the 2 instances of cancp with canmodcp. This will allow anyone with modcp access to view rep givers. I didn't test with a Super Moderator so I made a mistake.

Re-downloading and implementing it into my site right now.
You know that the world is going crazy when the best rapper is white, the best golfers black, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the Americas Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go 2 war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.
Thanks I will give it a try and see how it works out Smile
I love how you name all your plugins like that Tongue
Nice job again, Labrocca Smile
[Image: iphorumsig.php]
Its a nice one i don't got any need for it. But great job i may use it some time in the feature who knows.
[Image: signature.php?uid=1]
This is really cool, especially making admin/mods still able to see it.
Well good Jessie. I will be downloading this later and giving it a test go. Thanks for this, and I hope to see this implemented on SF soon Big Grin
(Oct 15, 2009, 11:58 AM)MattR Wrote: This is really cool, especially making admin/mods still able to see it.

I think, Admin only can see Smile
Downloading... and installing.. done!

ah, there is miss-type Labrocca for manual template editing.
Variable {$anon_rep} should be {$anonrep}.

Does anyone has problem? Or only me?
I test by adding -1 reputation on Member, but 5 rep decrease. When delete rating, does not go back on previous value
testing -1 on Moderator, 2 Rep decrease, delete rating again, only 1 REP back.
Still no luck, recounting all Reputation

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reputation Given Page MrAnonymous 17 8,986 Jul 11, 2010, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Elite Dash
  Reputation Recount labrocca 6 4,062 Jul 14, 2009, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Starnova
  Thank you Plugin and reputation Zayebis 1 2,462 Apr 05, 2009, 05:36 PM
Last Post: labrocca