REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WIP] GreenFlash (Temporary name...)
I'm busy working on a new theme for MyBB ;D It's my first ever theme and hence I'm looking for feedback and wondering if I'm heading in a decent direction.

Also, I want some comments on what I've got so far. I just started it tonight, but it's looking ok so far. Only done some CSS edits for now =P See the screenshots below and please comment/rate. I was inspired to create this theme by the Greenfox theme for vBulletin. Therefore, there are some similarities, but this is not a straight rip...

Screnshots

bear in mind that I have just started the theme and am merely looking for comments atm. I am only posting a screenshot to get feedback and to see if I'm heading ina good direction ;D

[Image: 27xp1g1.png]

Also, I am looking for a decent name for this theme. It's currently called "GreenFlash", but that name sucks xD Any ideas?

The final question is, would anybody use it if I released it publicly? If a few people like it, I'll probably do a blue version and some other colours =P

I would add a demo link, but I'm developing this on localhost, so yah.
I want to use it right now. =]
[Image: userbar.png]
Lol, I'm going to have a release out VERY soon. I just need to downgrade from MyBB 1.4.10 to MyBB 1.4.9 because .10's got an eror with template edits >.>
Ok, I've finally sorted out all my MyBB problems (I think) and hence, both GreenFlash and the BlueFlash BETAs are available to download and demo.

DEMO: http://www.360elites.net/mybbthemes

DOWNLOAD:

BlueFlash
GreenFlash

Once again, please tell me if they both work ;D I'm hoping they will lol
Can't comment on if it works yet (sorry), however I love the style. Assuming the download works, I may use it on an upcoming project of mine. The colors blend extremely well, good job :-)
Thanks a lot Leo Smile I hope it does work for you haha because I unfortunately can't test either of them atm
I had some spare time today, so I downloaded and installed the Green version. Everything works fine, although there is an issue with the classic postbit.

[Image: nzru51.png]

As you can see, the username is dropped down some. I also have a group icon set, which isn't showing at all. Since a lot o forums use the classic postbit, this would be something to look into.
Ok, thanks. I'll look into it Smile

Ok, I found out that that space is because that's where an avatar would be displayed. I've minimized the gap a little, but it's still going to be there for users without an avatar. I'm going to re-style the whole postbit and see what I can do though ^^

Ok, I have an edited template for the postbit_classic. You can either re-install the theme, or replace the current template with the below code.

Code:
{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
    <tr>
        <td class="tcat" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
                <strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong><p />
                {$post['useravatar']}<p />
                <span class="smalltext">
                        {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
            {$post['usertitle']}<br />
            {$post['groupimage']}
                        <br />
            {$post['user_details']}
        </span>
    </td>
    <td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
        <table width="100%">
            <tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
            <br />
            <div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">
                {$post['message']}
            </div>
            {$post['attachments']}<br /><br />
<!-- THIS IS THE SIG SEPERATOR- YOU COULD PUT AN IMAGE HERE IF YOU WISHED -->________________________________ <!__ /SIG SEPERATOR -->
            {$post['signature']}
            <div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
                <div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
            </div>
        </td></tr>
    </table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td class="tcat" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</span></td>
    <td class="tcat" style="vertical-align: middle;">
        <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
            <tr valign="bottom">
                <td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}</span></td>
                <td align="right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
            </tr>
        </table>
    </td>
</tr>
</table>
Even after that last edit the group stars don't show, however I went ahead and found the bit of code missing.

Code:
    {$post['userstars']}<br />

Should be placed as so;

Code:
<span class="smalltext">
                        {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
            {$post['usertitle']}<br />
    {$post['userstars']}<br />
            {$post['groupimage']}
                        <br />
            {$post['user_details']}
        </span>

Just a small edit, but will annoy people who use the group stars as custom icons.
Ah. Must have missed that somehow haha. Thanks a lot mate. Updating the templates now =)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [wip] Coder Green V2 Damion 10 11,487 Aug 26, 2010, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Damion
  [WIP] BlueLine euantor 33 19,511 May 06, 2010, 12:49 PM
Last Post: euantor
  [WIP] ZOVA - mybb 1.4x exclusive theme jeremiah 38 23,247 Apr 08, 2010, 07:02 PM
Last Post: jeremiah
  WIP - Ambience for 1.4x Zash 2 3,273 Mar 15, 2010, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Zash
  [WIP] TheLounge MyBB Theme jeremiah 7 4,523 Jan 30, 2010, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Damion