REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WIP] GreenFlash (Temporary name...)
I'm busy working on a new theme for MyBB ;D It's my first ever theme and hence I'm looking for feedback and wondering if I'm heading in a decent direction.

Also, I want some comments on what I've got so far. I just started it tonight, but it's looking ok so far. Only done some CSS edits for now =P See the screenshots below and please comment/rate. I was inspired to create this theme by the Greenfox theme for vBulletin. Therefore, there are some similarities, but this is not a straight rip...

bear in mind that I have just started the theme and am merely looking for comments atm. I am only posting a screenshot to get feedback and to see if I'm heading ina good direction ;D

[Image: 27xp1g1.png]

Also, I am looking for a decent name for this theme. It's currently called "GreenFlash", but that name sucks xD Any ideas?

The final question is, would anybody use it if I released it publicly? If a few people like it, I'll probably do a blue version and some other colours =P

I would add a demo link, but I'm developing this on localhost, so yah.
I want to use it right now. =]
[Image: userbar.png]
Lol, I'm going to have a release out VERY soon. I just need to downgrade from MyBB 1.4.10 to MyBB 1.4.9 because .10's got an eror with template edits >.>
Ok, I've finally sorted out all my MyBB problems (I think) and hence, both GreenFlash and the BlueFlash BETAs are available to download and demo.

Once again, please tell me if they both work ;D I'm hoping they will lol
Can't comment on if it works yet (sorry), however I love the style. Assuming the download works, I may use it on an upcoming project of mine. The colors blend extremely well, good job :-)
Thanks a lot Leo Smile I hope it does work for you haha because I unfortunately can't test either of them atm
I had some spare time today, so I downloaded and installed the Green version. Everything works fine, although there is an issue with the classic postbit.

[Image: nzru51.png]

As you can see, the username is dropped down some. I also have a group icon set, which isn't showing at all. Since a lot o forums use the classic postbit, this would be something to look into.
Ok, thanks. I'll look into it Smile

Ok, I found out that that space is because that's where an avatar would be displayed. I've minimized the gap a little, but it's still going to be there for users without an avatar. I'm going to re-style the whole postbit and see what I can do though ^^

Ok, I have an edited template for the postbit_classic. You can either re-install the theme, or replace the current template with the below code.

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
        <td class="tcat" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
                <strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong><p />
                {$post['useravatar']}<p />
                <span class="smalltext">
                        {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
            {$post['usertitle']}<br />
                        <br />
    <td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
        <table width="100%">
            <tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
            <br />
            <div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">
            {$post['attachments']}<br /><br />
<!-- THIS IS THE SIG SEPERATOR- YOU COULD PUT AN IMAGE HERE IF YOU WISHED -->________________________________ <!__ /SIG SEPERATOR -->
            <div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
                <div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
    <td class="tcat" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</span></td>
    <td class="tcat" style="vertical-align: middle;">
        <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
            <tr valign="bottom">
                <td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}</span></td>
                <td align="right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
Even after that last edit the group stars don't show, however I went ahead and found the bit of code missing.

{$post['userstars']}<br />

Should be placed as so;

<span class="smalltext">
                        {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
            {$post['usertitle']}<br />
    {$post['userstars']}<br />
                        <br />

Just a small edit, but will annoy people who use the group stars as custom icons.
Ah. Must have missed that somehow haha. Thanks a lot mate. Updating the templates now =)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [wip] Coder Green V2 Damion 10 12,337 Aug 26, 2010, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Damion
  [WIP] BlueLine euantor 33 21,336 May 06, 2010, 12:49 PM
Last Post: euantor
  [WIP] ZOVA - mybb 1.4x exclusive theme jeremiah 38 24,865 Apr 08, 2010, 07:02 PM
Last Post: jeremiah
  WIP - Ambience for 1.4x Zash 2 3,444 Mar 15, 2010, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Zash
  [WIP] TheLounge MyBB Theme jeremiah 7 4,754 Jan 30, 2010, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Damion