REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoutbox Query
I have the spicefuse shoutbox and i was just wondering how i would be able to make it so when you over over a users message a title box appears displaying how many minutes ago the message was posted.
(Dec 26, 2009, 07:50 AM)grim line Wrote: I have the spicefuse shoutbox and i was just wondering how i would be able to make it so when you over over a users message a title box appears displaying how many minutes ago the message was posted.

Don't understand u mate! "over over a user"
[Image: mybbsig.php]
When you HOVER over a users message Wink
I understand what you mean.
You'd have to add to plugin, a function for DB. When it gets many messages at the same time, to show the message that you said...
But i don't really know how to do.
I'd need it, too... cuz my forum fell down (long ago) when i had a lot of users online in my forum and they were sending messages (all of them at same time).
Fortunately, I just had to disable the plugin and the forum began to work... but now i can't use the plugin u.u
(Dec 26, 2009, 10:54 AM)Arqui Wrote: I understand what you mean.
You'd have to add to plugin, a function for DB. When it gets many messages at the same time, to show the message that you said...
But i don't really know how to do.
I'd need it, too... cuz my forum fell down (long ago) when i had a lot of users online in my forum and they were sending messages (all of them at same time).
Fortunately, I just had to disable the plugin and the forum began to work... but now i can't use the plugin u.u

Ok but is there no code i could add to my shoutbox plugin that would do this?
At the moment, I don't think so.
(Dec 26, 2009, 12:06 PM)Arqui Wrote: At the moment, I don't think so.

So whats the best course of action?
I told you. If your forum goes slow or falls down, you'd have to disable the plugin and then you could decide if leave it enabled or disabled.
That is the only way I know to solve the problem (temporally).
If someone is able to code that you told, that'd be nice.
(Dec 26, 2009, 01:08 PM)Arqui Wrote: I told you. If your forum goes slow or falls down, you'd have to disable the plugin and then you could decide if leave it enabled or disabled.
That is the only way I know to solve the problem (temporally).
If someone is able to code that you told, that'd be nice.

How has that anything to do with adding a hover over time the shout was made into my shoutbox?
I just told you the best course of action... Anyway you could go to "Requests and Suggestions" and ask for it Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  $5.00 REWARD: ShoutBox Leaking off page Raid0 4 1,805 Sep 07, 2012, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Raid0
  Shoutbox? Vito 2 1,670 Nov 17, 2011, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Oliver Evans
  How can I move the shoutbox to the top of the forums? Mute 11 4,142 Jul 01, 2011, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Peter
  ShoutBox removed but text {myshoutbox} still showing :( jani 6 2,425 Sep 05, 2010, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Kaleb
  Problem reinstalling Shoutbox Plugin Glas 4 2,123 Nov 06, 2009, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Glas