REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ask] Is MyBB CPU Consuming?
Question 
My website was just suspended. And when I was asking the support

Quote:Hello,

Your account was using 41% of the cpu and our servers runs on dual xeons with 16GB of ram each.

Regards,

John Kasai

And ALL I host in that hosting is just a MyBB script. Nothing else. And 78 Members,

Quote:Hello,

You need to find what's causing this load on your script or your next step is to upgrade to a vps plan.

Regards,

John Kasai

I run several plugins from MyBBCentral.
My Meta Tags 2.0
Easy Refer 2.0
My Awards
Youtube MyCode
Ficons 2.0
TagCloud 2.0
My Side Boxes
Tabbed Menu

And this
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/google-seo
Do you think this one is CPU consuming?

Any help guys?
Nope, it was not MyBB. I've seen this once before. It's that view increaser lol.
[Image: mybbsig.php]
It could be... your host may want you upgrade your account, and it's for that they say you that Mybb is consuming the CPU
MyBB will not cause that much of the cpu to be taken. I run more plugins, more scripts, and have so many diff custom and other software. I even have people downloadin and uploading BG of files a day....

Not that that means anything, but i thinkt hat your host is trying to get more money out of you. MyBB will never take up that much.

I think you should switch hosts lolz, or tell them they are full of it.
[Image: tyler-allen.png]
(Jan 20, 2010, 02:02 PM)Arqui Wrote: It could be... your host may want you upgrade your account, and it's for that they say you that Mybb is consuming the CPU
(Jan 20, 2010, 02:14 PM)Onyx Wrote: MyBB will not cause that much of the cpu to be taken. I run more plugins, more scripts, and have so many diff custom and other software. I even have people downloadin and uploading BG of files a day....

Not that that means anything, but i thinkt hat your host is trying to get more money out of you. MyBB will never take up that much.

No, listen, trust me, I was there when that view increaser was blasting his site. It's not MyBB, and your host is fine.
(Jan 21, 2010, 05:26 AM)Riverthief Wrote:
(Jan 20, 2010, 02:02 PM)Arqui Wrote: It could be... your host may want you upgrade your account, and it's for that they say you that Mybb is consuming the CPU
(Jan 20, 2010, 02:14 PM)Onyx Wrote: MyBB will not cause that much of the cpu to be taken. I run more plugins, more scripts, and have so many diff custom and other software. I even have people downloadin and uploading BG of files a day....

No, listen, trust me, I was there when that view increaser was blasting his site. It's not MyBB, and your host is fine.

Actually I had 2 times getting suspended.
First, 01-17-2010. I think I know why I got suspended this time. My friend was playing a Page Viewer which can cause a massive view in mybb. But, after I got suspended, I told my friend to stop the Massive View. And since that day, he stopped it.

Second, 01-20-2010. I don't know what the hell is this. The massive view was stopped, but why my account still got suspended? I don't know

Labrocca think, it might be someone ddosing the site
(Jan 21, 2010, 10:07 PM)Theref Wrote:
(Jan 21, 2010, 05:26 AM)Riverthief Wrote:

Actually I had 2 times getting suspended.
First, 01-17-2010. I think I know why I got suspended this time. My friend was playing a Page Viewer which can cause a massive view in mybb. But, after I got suspended, I told my friend to stop the Massive View. And since that day, he stopped it.

Second, 01-20-2010. I don't know what the hell is this. The massive view was stopped, but why my account still got suspended? I don't know

Labrocca think, it might be someone ddosing the site
Dude seriously, there's a guy who keeps hitting your site with the page viewer. I was there. I seen it. It's just causing your CPU usage to go overboard, and because you site was so erratic with CPU usage, that's probably why your host suspended you.
(Jan 21, 2010, 10:14 PM)Riverthief Wrote: Dude seriously, there's a guy who keeps hitting your site with the page viewer. I was there. I seen it. It's just causing your CPU usage to go overboard, and because you site was so erratic with CPU usage, that's probably why your host suspended you.

Ya, I just moved to another webhost, this time they have a ddos protection
(Jan 22, 2010, 06:59 AM)Theref Wrote:
(Jan 21, 2010, 10:14 PM)Riverthief Wrote: Dude seriously, there's a guy who keeps hitting your site with the page viewer. I was there. I seen it. It's just causing your CPU usage to go overboard, and because you site was so erratic with CPU usage, that's probably why your host suspended you.

Ya, I just moved to another webhost, this time they have a ddos protection

Not gonna stop much. It's not a DDoS. It's a .NET app. It just send shitloads of requests, forcing CPU usage.
I suggest you move hosts Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyBB Central Plugins Work with MyBB 1.4? S.T.A.R.S 2 2,118 Oct 20, 2011, 07:45 PM
Last Post: F4T4L 3RR0R
Question Maintaining CPU Usage?? yeti 4 1,745 Dec 08, 2008, 09:56 PM
Last Post: yeti