REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Super Admins
Hello Members,

We all know that according to MyBB there is one super admin, is there any way we can create multiple super admins??

Regards
Rohith
You can add their UIDs to ./inc/config.php, but remember all being a super admin means is that you can't be edited, deleted or banned, you don't get any extra powers or anything, it's nothing particularly special.
thanks matt!!
I don't think that variable accepts arrays Matt.

And realistically this is a bad bad bad idea. You can just set permissions in admincp for admins. No need for more than one Super Admin.
You can add a list separated by a comma.

PHP Code:
/**
 * Super Administrators
 *  A comma separated list of user IDs who cannot
 *  be edited, deleted or banned in the Admin CP.
 *  The administrator permissions for these users
 *  cannot be altered either.
 */

$config['super_admins'] = '1'

So $config['super_admins'] = '1,2,3'; would be fine.

But yeah, if you do this, you'll lose the benefit of you being a super admin in the first place. IIRC a super admin can edit another super admin, so if you're all super admins, you're all on the same level, so you're not immune from them deleting you anymore, you may as well all be regular admins. You'd be giving them the ability to delete you which they don't currently have. I think a lot of people do this as it sounds like it's important but all you effectively do is put yourself at risk of one of your other admins deleting you if they get pissed off.
thankyou, I understand the risk, !!but i needed it any ways!!Thanks
Good to know Matt. I think this was changed somewhere in the 1.4x branch but either way I'll remember that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Any way to make new users default to multiple groups? Jayfore 1 973 Oct 11, 2017, 06:06 PM
Last Post: DrBaja
  Adding a theme (SUPER ERROR) Blue 0 832 Oct 05, 2012, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Blue
  Multiple groups in showteam. king anarchy 5 1,969 Sep 26, 2011, 02:49 AM
Last Post: king anarchy
Wink SUPER HELP PLEASE LOL doopdoop 2 1,231 May 12, 2011, 08:21 PM
Last Post: doopdoop
  Duplicate MyIPN to handle multiple subscription types mcalcagno 1 821 Dec 04, 2010, 11:47 PM
Last Post: nofear1999