REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lock Reason
Hey,

Seeing as labrocca is a god with addons, I was wondering if either him (or someone else?) could take up one of my ideas.

Basically, when a moderator locks a thread, it will have a popup that will ask them to enter a reason, then it will add a post with the reason (or a message on top of the post/thread or something). This would make things more organised as sometimes moderators tend to lock threads and people are like, wtf, why did it get locked? And it would also kinda force them into a routine of posting why it was locked.

Watcha think? ^^

Thanks,

Nathan
All the admins i know post a post and then lockit but yah..

This would be a good idea because sometimes a moderator posts something and cant lock it quick enough and other people post stuff.
See, I'm kind of a big deal.
Yes, but when you have a forum with 300k posts (and growing rapidly) and 400~ (1k at peaks) members on at one time, it makes things alot easier to manage, especiallly with a team of 4-5 moderators.
Exactly. Now you need to find someone to make it lol.
If you can't tell your staff to enter a reason on locks and they don't do it then you have crappy staff.

You can aslo create a custom thread moderator tool. Have it lock the thread, leave a canned response and a reply from the moderator locking the thread.

This might help you a lot.
(Mar 10, 2010, 06:43 PM)labrocca Wrote: If you can't tell your staff to enter a reason on locks and they don't do it then you have crappy staff.

You can aslo create a custom thread moderator tool. Have it lock the thread, leave a canned response and a reply from the moderator locking the thread.

For instance HF =]
(Mar 10, 2010, 06:43 PM)labrocca Wrote: If you can't tell your staff to enter a reason on locks and they don't do it then you have crappy staff.

It's not that, I have my moderating staff, and then I have staff that work on the actual emulator (aka GMs) and they have moderator priviliges as well, and most of them do reply to posts, but sometimes they're in a rush or simply tired and forget. Whereas a plugin that forces them to enter a reason would be amazing, and even have a drop down box for predefined messages. That would be insane!!!

And I already do that, but you can't always use the same message, people like a proper reason. Thanks for the reply labrocca and autog

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using a Lock content until Shared code on MyCodes? VideoGameModder 2 1,526 Jun 15, 2012, 07:23 PM
Last Post: VideoGameModder
  [REQUEST] Lock Post For Editing Danny 0 1,206 Aug 21, 2010, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Danny
  edit thread reason shemo 0 906 Aug 18, 2009, 01:22 PM
Last Post: shemo
  Lock Individual Post from Editing/Deletion Bey Brad 1 1,843 Oct 01, 2008, 12:21 AM
Last Post: labrocca