REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help!! How do you change the "Starting Theme"? [LOCK]
I made a new forum, and want to change the "starting theme" from the lame blue one into others, so that the newbies don't think it's a boring place. How do you do it?
Do you mean the default theme?
Yes. (longeR)
Download the theme that you want.
Then, upload the image directory of the theme into the "images" directory of MyBB.
After that, log in your ACP, and go to "templates & styles" -> themes -> import a theme, select the .xml file (it should be in the zip that you downloaded), choose a name for the theme, and check "Ignore Version Compatibility" (if it's necesary).
I hope this helps you Wink
......Does that mean I Export the theme and copy the whole ancient egyptian code into the...where? Sorry, I'm new here.
No no. You have to copy no code. Only export the .xml file (in the xml is the code), and you will have the theme installed and ready for using it Wink
Of course, don't forget to upload the image directory.

I think I'm gonna tell you with examples.
I have a theme called "Example". So I download it. Its full name is "Example.zip". So I extract it and I will have:
- Example.xml
- example (directory which contains the images that the theme uses)
- And another files like: info, extras, etc

Well. Now I access my FTP and to my forum folder (for example, forum/). Ok now I have many directories, but I only need "images". So, I'll have to go to "forum/images" (in the FTP). There, I will upload "example" (the directory with the images). Once I've uploaded it, I only have to export the xml where I told you. I mean, you log in your ACP, and go to "templates & styles" -> themes -> import a theme, select the .xml file, choose a name for the theme, and check "Ignore Version Compatibility" (if it's necesary).

I hope you can understand now Wink
Oh... I get it. Thx ^^

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyBB change index page? Yoshistr 8 4,523 Oct 26, 2017, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Desy83
  mybb change forum date - time RPG 3 3,928 Apr 19, 2017, 12:53 AM
Last Post: Barbarjreusser
  mytab plugin does not function on my theme bushido 1 1,460 Jul 04, 2016, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Prince Tony
  HOw to change font size sanket 2 2,260 Oct 04, 2015, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Crash Override
  How to change Posts/Threads/Joined time? Anime 2 2,297 Dec 13, 2014, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Anime