REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Paracast & The Tech Night Owl LIVE
I have two boards to show -- and this is already on the MyBB home board, but I don't know how much overlap might be present Smile

Our most recent update -- at http://www.theparacast.com/forums -- was originally on SMF, converted to vBulletin and now to MyBB. We took the standard theme and customized the CSS slightly for our needs, and added a few plug-ins for board announcements and the contact page. We have also provided our members with four themes from which to choose in their User CP, so we might end up using something else in the end.

The other board -- http://www.techbroadcasting.com/forums -- was converted from SMF several months ago. This and the board at The Paracast have the same design and mod layouts, to keep a family resemblance. For now, I've selected a slightly tweaked BlueNooB as the default theme, but we offer the same four theme options to our visitors, in case they want something else.

In addition to basic comments and suggestions, you are all welcome to join our boards if the content appeals to you.

Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Co-Host, "The Paracast"
http://www.theparacast.com
First one;
I'm not sure what to say, it's fairly the same as the default. (which I honestly cannot comment on) although the sections and board looks very good.

Second;
Nicer on the eyes, I actually like the contrast between the blue and black. <-- That's pretty nice theme, even though it's similar to the first and again an inviting board which looks quite fun. I converted from smf myself to mybb =)

I prefer mybb, so much can be easily changed but I still strongly like smf.
~Joey
joey_matthews Wrote:First one;
I'm not sure what to say, it's fairly the same as the default. (which I honestly cannot comment on) although the sections and board looks very good.

Second;
Nicer on the eyes, I actually like the contrast between the blue and black. <-- That's pretty nice theme, even though it's similar to the first and again an inviting board which looks quite fun. I converted from smf myself to mybb =)

I prefer mybb, so much can be easily changed but I still strongly like smf.
~Joey

We are giving our visitors a choice of four themes via Quick Theme popup feature, but all, except one, follow a basic design that is intended to be familiar to them, particularly since we migrated from vBulletin.

In fact, in The Paracast, we are having a little poll so they decide which of the four themes will become the default.

Peace,
Gene

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cyberforu.com [where Passes Live ] god1234 5 2,171 Oct 03, 2013, 03:57 PM
Last Post: coolbud012
  Tech Head Forums || New Site || Sign Up! Diamond™ 1 1,320 Jul 07, 2013, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Andrin
  Web Tech Forums TheBlackNight 1 965 Jun 21, 2013, 10:04 AM
Last Post: OMARATION
  Cricket Zone - Cricket Forums | Lets LIVE Cricket cricketzone 0 714 May 23, 2013, 08:19 AM
Last Post: cricketzone
  Xbox Generation - Xbox Live forums euantor 0 789 Feb 17, 2012, 12:05 PM
Last Post: euantor