REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No multiple quotes
I was looking around a bit and I couldn't figure this out.

Basically, what I'm looking for is a way that I can have only one quote show up for a reply.

Let's say someone quotes a post and then that post gets quoted. It shows both quotes. I want it to only use the most recent post.

I know Labrocca has this feature on HF. I am not sure if it's a private plugin or even just a setting on the AdminCP.

If you have any help, please do share it.
Thats a setting in Admin CP look in
Home » Board Settings
Show Thread Options
Show Multi-quote Buttons
The multi-quote button allows users to select a series of posts then click Reply and have those posts quoted in their message.
On | Off
[Image: userbar.png]
Actually, that is whether or not people are allowed to quote more than one user at a time.

I'm referring to quoting a member and then another member quoting that post and it shows both quotes.

An example of how I want it to be is how Labrocca has HF set up.

If you quote a quote, only the most recent quote shows up.
Can I get some help please? I searched long and hard for this answer.
Oh you can't get rid of it, it is inside MyBB already.
Do you mean this?
(Apr 18, 2010, 06:00 PM)User001 Wrote: Can I get some help please? I searched long and hard for this answer.
(Apr 19, 2010, 12:05 AM)AXVIS Wrote: Oh you can't get rid of it, it is inside MyBB already.

example
(Apr 19, 2010, 04:27 AM)AXVIS Wrote: Do you mean this?
(Apr 18, 2010, 06:00 PM)User001 Wrote: Can I get some help please? I searched long and hard for this answer.
(Apr 19, 2010, 12:05 AM)AXVIS Wrote: Oh you can't get rid of it, it is inside MyBB already.

example

Yes sir. I do mean that.
Well that comes within MyBB you can't add it or remove it.
No ... I'm pretty sure it can be removed. Numerous boards I visit have only the recent quote displayed, and it's very useful.

I'm also curious as to how to enable this "function", as it were.
Well if you think you can be my guest I have no idea how to do it I think its not removable.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Any way to make new users default to multiple groups? Jayfore 1 807 Oct 11, 2017, 06:06 PM
Last Post: DrBaja
  Change the way quotes are displayed? I dont have boxes, just lines... jmilch 2 1,077 Dec 09, 2011, 04:12 PM
Last Post: jmilch
  Multiple groups in showteam. king anarchy 5 1,892 Sep 26, 2011, 02:49 AM
Last Post: king anarchy
  Duplicate MyIPN to handle multiple subscription types mcalcagno 1 780 Dec 04, 2010, 11:47 PM
Last Post: nofear1999
  Users show in multiple groups in showteam.php Ash 0 787 Nov 30, 2010, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Ash