REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[RELEASE] Guests cannot view threads!
Replace your old showthread.php file with this new one -> (/home/YOURSITE/public_html/showthread.php)

.php   showthread.php (Size: 37.11 KB / Downloads: 102)

Cool

What it does:
• When guests click on a thread, it asks them to login because they don't have permission.
• Guests can see the replies and views of a thread but cannot read the thread itself.

Example URLs:
• http://gamershoard.com/index.php
• http://hackforums.net/index.php
Thanks lol :3
Smile
(Jul 09, 2010, 12:35 PM)NeoFusion720 Wrote: Thanks lol :3

It's nothing much by a long shot but I had it so I released it Smile

You're also welcome, it's just like at HF so guests can see the posts and views, but not the thread!
Quite easy edits i would imagine nice work Smile
(Jul 09, 2010, 12:55 PM)88power88 Wrote: Quite easy edits i would imagine nice work Smile

Yes very easy, not even 1 line of code lol and thanks Smile

It's !$mybb->user['uid'] I think that was added to the permissions if statement.
nice plugin, but i'll not be installing it as I prefer to have my pages indexed Tongue
[Image: firechaoeyebutton.png][Image: button.php?u=firechao]
(Jul 09, 2010, 01:16 PM)firechao Wrote: nice plugin, but i'll not be installing it as I prefer to have my pages indexed Tongue

You don't install anything, you just replace your old showthread.php file with the provided one and it's done Smile It won't affect your indexing so it's all good Cool
surely it will keep search engines from crawling threads?
[Image: firechaoeyebutton.png][Image: button.php?u=firechao]
(Jul 09, 2010, 01:33 PM)firechao Wrote: surely it will keep search engines from crawling threads?

I'm not 100% sure but you can give your bots more permissions I guess. Sorry but I am not sure...
The answer is yes, it will affect search engines because they are regular guests (unless you don't give them more permissions) and if they don't view the thread list the threads will won't be indexed. It is possible to fix this by giving member permissions to your guests (I've done this and it I never had problems) or by submitting your sitemap to google and other search engines regularly. (However you will have problems when you create the sitemap but I believe some programs can be integrated in FireFox so you make the sitemap as a registered user). Another solution would be making a page where you list all your threads, but this wouldn't be a good choice because of SEO.
I'm not interested in installing this plug-in on my newest forum but I may need it in the future, good job. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  View Your Threads / View Your Posts ~ Guide Elite Dash 5 3,796 Jul 31, 2010, 05:18 PM
Last Post: jddogg9
  [Release] Donation Page 1.1 Zash 23 11,783 Jul 25, 2010, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Zash
  [RELEASE] MyXBL - XBox Live Stats in profiles & postbits! euantor 23 11,270 Jul 18, 2010, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Elite Dash
  [Release] MyTube euantor 11 5,078 Jun 13, 2010, 08:39 PM
Last Post: scarface
  Mapovifog (Max Post Views For Guests) labrocca 37 20,438 Jun 11, 2010, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Glas