REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MyBB 1.6 Gold Release | Download Here
MyBB 1.6 Gold is Released

Today marks the 2 year anniversary since MyBB 1.4 was released. It is an honor to announce that today, we are releasing MyBB 1.6 Gold to the general public and that it is now available directly on the MyBB website.

MyBB 1.6 may be one small step for forum software, but it is one giant leap for MyBB. There are over 40 new features that have been built in to MyBB and countless tweaks, fixes, and performance optimizations since MyBB 1.4.

We’ve also updated the MyBB website to contain a feature tour of what is available in MyBB 1.6: http://www.mybb.com/features.

We recommend that all users upgrade to 1.6 so they can take advantage of the great new features in MyBB 1.6, but we recommend you plan your upgrade first. More information on upgrading and changes to templates, themes, plugins and languages can be found below.

Personally I’d also like to thank this community, for your everlasting support and for all of you who have been with us every step of the way. You’ve made this happen; MyBB is your forum software. Above all, I would like to thank every single team member who has made this journey with us. My debt to you is beyond measure. Thank you so much for the time, sweat, and effort you’ve given to this project and community. We are all grateful to you.

(Post by Ryan Gordon)

Download:
MyBB Site: Click Here.
Exino, Inc Site: Click Here.

Thanks,
Tyler
[Image: tyler-allen.png]
Camped till it came out haha, Cant wait to see the amazing stuff labrocca does with 1.6.
[Image: mybbsig.php]
I updated already, im just waiting for plugin creators to update their plugins to 1.6

ps. will labrocca start anew with 1.6 plugins or will he just update the current ones, since it isnt as major as 1.2 -> 1.4
If you need any plugin updated to 1.6 pm me with the title of the plugin, the download for it and your email address.
(Aug 02, 2010, 10:32 PM)Xeon Wrote: I updated already, im just waiting for plugin creators to update their plugins to 1.6

ps. will labrocca start anew with 1.6 plugins or will he just update the current ones, since it isnt as major as 1.2 -> 1.4

idk if she will do anything about them at all actually. I think she was upset about how some of her plugins have been treated(stolen) and I also think that she is busy.
You do relize that Labrocca is a guy?

Also, if he needs help I will gladly help him change them to 1.6 its really easy.
I'm excited for Labrocca's new stuff Smile
Smile
I could do with having come plugins converted Tongue or just knowing how to convert them myself Tongue
All you have to do is edit the plugin file itself.

On the info part where the version number and compatibility are, just change 1.4 to 1.6. Below is an eample:

Code:
function tab_menu_info()
{
    return array(
        'name'            => 'Tabbed Menu',
        'description'    => 'Adds tabbed menu to your index page.',
        'website'        => 'http://www.mybbcentral.com',
        'author'        => 'Jesse Labrocca',
        'authorsite'    => 'http://www.webmasterforums.biz',
        'version'        => '1.1',
        "guid"             => "",
        "compatibility" => "*" /***Look how I changed the numbers to a "*" you can also add 1.6, but * is universal***/
    );
}
thanks for that =]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cant download anything ? CRAIG@VM 1 1,173 Sep 06, 2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Maximuscr31
  I cannot download easy referer KGSingh 0 799 Aug 09, 2013, 04:42 AM
Last Post: KGSingh
  A Good site to download plaugins southernguru 11 4,571 May 09, 2013, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Gherlil