REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Force to populate mandatory profile fields
Many times, a new custom profile field will be added, that the admin will want to be mandatory. The problem is that existing users are grandfathered in, without having anything entered into those new fields. I would love to have a plugin that would check to make sure that the user has entered something into each mandatory profile field, and if not, they are brought into their profile screen with a message to please update the mandatory fields. I'm not sure if there would be a way to prevent them from going to any other areas of the site until this has been done, but that would be nice also. Thanks!
Required Profile Field, check?
Smile
(Sep 04, 2010, 03:09 PM)Clone Wrote: Required Profile Field, check?

I don't know what you're trying to say. If it is that all I need to do is set the profile field to required, yes, that would be the case. However, as I said above, existing users that have already set up their profiles would not have populated these fields, and the site would not force them to go update it. I am asking for a plugin that does as I describe above.
Aha, well I'm not quite sure then , sorry.
Smile
Anyone know if this would be a feasible mod/plugin to have created? I think it could be a very handy tool for admins. Thanks!
I believe it would be hard to do if you already have members with their profile set up unfortunately. It may be possible but its beyond me.
A plugin to global_start that basically did a field check and if empty redirected them to their profile edit to add the option...along with a message of course.
yes, this will helpful

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyBB User Profile Post activity (No Plugin) Snow. 0 2,334 Nov 26, 2013, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Snow.
  [REQ] MyBB Additional usergroups images in profile GAYLOVE69 1 1,648 May 05, 2012, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Oliver Evans
Wink Custom post fields tavi 1 1,602 Dec 02, 2010, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Danny
  Sign up rules & profile sections required wcwman18 5 2,585 Sep 03, 2010, 01:25 AM
Last Post: wcwman18
  Block User Option On Profile Kaleb 2 1,691 Jul 03, 2010, 09:47 PM
Last Post: Kaleb