REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamers Forum
Ok, I just took over this site so it is early days, but would love some reivews on it.

Let me know what you think!

http://gamersforum.org
That looks really nice.

Perhaps you could seperate the forums on the index, to make them stand out and look seperated.

And maybe you could a motto or something on the right side of the header?

Looking good 7-10
(Sep 13, 2010, 02:00 AM)vash Wrote: Ok, I just took over this site so it is early days, but would love some reivews on it.

Let me know what you think!

http://gamersforum.com

Why u showing us a VB forum when it should be a myBB forum review...
[Image: logo.png]
(Sep 13, 2010, 03:53 PM)HaX420 Wrote: Why u showing us a VB forum when it should be a myBB forum review...

Oh Sod it... I did it again! I am a complete idiot!

The correct domain should be http://gamersforum.org. First time I have ever owned a .org so I keep posting the wrong domain name!
(Sep 13, 2010, 02:17 PM)Scrappy CoCo Wrote: That looks really nice.

Perhaps you could seperate the forums on the index, to make them stand out and look seperated.

And maybe you could a motto or something on the right side of the header?

Looking good 7-10

Thanks Buddy! As Hax kindly made me realise I sent you in the direction of the wrong site!! I am a dipstick... but if you get a chance would love your thoughts on gamersforum.org!
I'm seeing
PHP Code:
{myadvertisements[zone_1]} 
above the sidebar on the portal and a the top of the forum index. You may want to fix that.
Other than that, it looks fairly good Wink The header could do with work, but meh.
Thanks man. We are getting there slowly. Trying to fix that myadvertisements zone thing at the moment. Want to bring in ads for guests etc so that will have gone shortly, well I hope!
Just add your code to header_welcome_guests or w/e in templates.

Thanks... This is Pirata's myadvertisements 1.6 plugin and it should work so only people configured to see an ad will see it, but at the moment its not working as it should..... Gonna get this fixed shortly I hope. In the meantime I will go switch it off!
Again just add your adsense code under templates to welcome_guests or something like that, and use the center code.

Ok, yep I got you now! The reason I want to use Piratas plugin is that it should in theory allow me to rotate my ads so I can test different kinds of advertisements and what get better returns etc, but that sounds like a decent stop gap solution.

Thanks for the advice!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum Hotel - Webmaster/Admin/Blog/Chat forum Gamrpro 23 7,463 May 01, 2017, 02:28 PM
Last Post: actavis
  Forum Relaunch Forum Mafia Sign up today! iRocker 0 803 Oct 08, 2016, 07:29 AM
Last Post: iRocker
  ScriptingMonkeys.com home of internet marketing, programmers & gamers! PropGamer 0 920 Jun 11, 2014, 10:55 AM
Last Post: PropGamer
  Gamers United Forums | The Forum For All Gamers MI-6 2 1,350 May 27, 2014, 11:13 PM
Last Post: ChiefNacho
  Xbox Live Forum | Join now! Amazing forum Heyzen 2 2,181 Jan 09, 2012, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Heyzen