REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Award accidentally deleted on MyAwards.
Hello, I hope this is in the right section.

A few days ago, one of our staff members accidentally deleted one of the awards we had : he wanted to select "Recipients", and apparently no pop-up window came to ask him if he was sure that he wanted to delete it, so it just disappeared, along with all the data on who had received that award and when.

We have been trying to find ways to avoid going through years of posts and private messages to have a complete list of the recipients and the date they received the award (it is like a subscription, we need to know when it will have been a year since they got it). I had saved a whole database backup from our host, not directly from the MyBB Administrator Control Panel, on January 5th because I was trying something else anyway with a plugin. However, after discussions with our host's staff, the procedures I would have to follow to make that backup appear and not overwrite our current website seems complicated ...

Recently I was told by a friend to ask the following, but frankly I have little knowledge in this general area :
Where is the data stored in the MyBB database for MyAwards, and is there a way to restore this data from a backup ?

The format of the backups I have is [name of the database].sql.gz

Let me know if there is some other solution for us than to upload the backups we have somewhere, check the data, and try to reproduce it on our current website but without the dates.
I think this is something you best bring up with Labrocca.

Im pritty sure once its gone its gone, but like you said you have your backup.

Ill have a look at my sql tables and find out where everything is and report back Smile
Im not so sure how to extract those type of files, but your looking for mybb_myawards_users.

That table contains all of the awards awarded and the user ids.

You will need to ask your host to restore just that table if they can
Also make a backup of what you have now, just incase.
Is Labrocca likely to reply to this topic, or should I contact him in private message or email instead ?

Our host told me that we would need a MySQL expert to 'dig into' the backups I have and take only what we are looking for. I do not know if they know about restoring tables either, since they said they are not completely familiar with the script we are using (MyBB), but I suppose I will ask.
You could always install anoter MyBB on the server, or on localhost and upload the SQL backup and have a look like that, if its work the effort :/
Im not sure if using a backup on a differnet server would cause problems though.

The chances are he wont reply. But now ive said that the chances have probably gone up Tongue

Id try the option ived just mentioned, if not then PM him Smile
Sorry dont think my plan would work.

Try contact MyBB Support
Why are you using my plugins without a subscription?
(Jan 14, 2011, 01:08 PM)labrocca Wrote: Why are you using my plugins without a subscription?

Hi Labrocca, Kai-V is from WBO and I still do some backend stuff for them, and I did install this plugin on there ages ago when I was still the head of it. If it's an issue I'm sure they're willing to pay the subscription. However since you gave me a lifetime membership when doing work for WBO I figure that this was acceptable.
I realized that a bit late. Smile

But as for support for what happened. Well he deleted the award. You'll have to use a backup to recover it.
Quote:Where is the data stored in the MyBB database for MyAwards, and is there a way to restore this data from a backup?
(Jan 13, 2011, 11:38 AM)CyberTechForums Wrote: Im not so sure how to extract those type of files, but your looking for mybb_myawards_users.

That table contains all of the awards awarded and the user ids.

I dont know how to restore just tables, but if you someone upload that backup to a database, and look in PHPMyAdmin, you should beable to find which IDs have what Awards
The thread subscription feature really does not work on MyBB ... I got an email for the first reply, and then nothing.

I think we are really trying to see if there is a way to get all the data back/restored, which includes recipients, but also all the dates people got the award on, etc. If there is no way to make that data physically get back where it was as if it had never been deleted, I am quite sure we can find a way to just upload the database backups I have to another account, take note of those who had received the award, and then reproduce it on our site but having to put the dates in parentheses in the descriptions. If possible it would be good to find another solution though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyAwards on vBulletin Tate 4 1,689 Dec 02, 2017, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Desy83
  how to award in postbit bushido 0 1,104 Mar 12, 2016, 10:28 AM
Last Post: bushido
  MyAwards SQL error when clicking "Activate" in Plugins Gh0st 1 1,321 Feb 11, 2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Gh0st
  forum/myawards.php not showing? pompano 4 2,855 Feb 24, 2015, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Genesis
  MyBB MyAwards Error Red™ 3 2,941 Oct 31, 2014, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Nasyr