REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[1.6.x Version] MyStatus v3
MyStatus aims to re-produce IPB3's status feature to an extent. Currently, you can only set your own status, but future versions should allow for status commenting and "Liking".

MyStatus in itself is a very simple plugin - simple to use and simple to install. Installation requires you only to upload the files then activate the plugin from the ACP.

You can currently change your status from your profile, your UCP or your postbit. You can also set certain usergroups as "Admin" groups for statuses from the options to keep control over any dodgy characters using statuses for the wrong reasons Wink

MyStatus does use jQuery (haters gonna hate), but I have tried to ensure there wont be any conflicts with Prototype.

v3 adds support for a status history type feature similar to Twitter (very similar in fact haha). You can also now set your status from the sidebar displaying recent statuses. I've also changed the javascript around a little to change how new statuses are managed when you set them via your profile or user cp. Brand new to v3 is a status deletion feature necessary due to the fact users can add multiple statuses and you can't directly edit one as it stands.

If you experience a bug with v3 in that statuses seem to be being posted multiple times, it's because you have the javascript file included more than once. Edit the headerinclude template and make sure mystatus.js is only mentioned once.

Screenshots

http://mods.mybb.com/uploads/previews/21...stbitv.png

http://mods.mybb.com/uploads/previews/21...tsarea.png

Demo

http://www.360elites.net/forums/index.php

Download
http://mods.mybb.com/view/mystatus
That's pretty cool, and very useful for all those social boards. Good work man, will remember this for future reference.
This is pretty cool. Is there a way to display the status in the postbit>

Edit in the demo forum it does by default. Do I need to edit the postbit?

The link you have posted to mybb mod page isnt working. It says invalid link.
It should show in the postbit automatically. if not, add {$post['mystatus']}.

The MyBB mods site needs to re-validate my latest release - that's why it's currently unavailable.
great, i'm waiting for this.
mm euantor i'm completely new to mybb, i check out your 360 site and found found it so cool,.. may i ask you a very simple question? i dont know if this proper section to ask this, but its relate to your site...ok lets start, first i don't even know how describe this,.
what i have to do to make the forum page header still the same with the homepage? do i have to make another same header to the home site or are there a script to lock the forum header?
the page is no longer available on mybb do you have a separate DL link?
(Mar 12, 2011, 07:40 AM)maverick Wrote: great, i'm waiting for this.
mm euantor i'm completely new to mybb, i check out your 360 site and found found it so cool,.. may i ask you a very simple question? i dont know if this proper section to ask this, but its relate to your site...ok lets start, first i don't even know how describe this,.
what i have to do to make the forum page header still the same with the homepage? do i have to make another same header to the home site or are there a script to lock the forum header?

The homepage runs on wordpress. I created the theme both for the forum and the homepage - hence why the header is the same.

(Mar 12, 2011, 05:35 PM)VegaTheChosen Wrote: the page is no longer available on mybb do you have a separate DL link?

It should be available now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyStatus euantor 11 3,740 Mar 30, 2013, 10:54 PM
Last Post: titox16
  [1.6.x Version] MyXBL - Xbox LIVE Statistics & Leaderboard euantor 7 3,436 Mar 14, 2011, 11:34 AM
Last Post: stevey123321